New portable monitors discovered: Fushilang

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New portable monitors discovered: Fushilang

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
Let's see, this week I'm up to VMWare Workstation Pro 12.5.7 build-5813279, running on Windows 10 Pro Version 1703. Admittedly, I haven't worked anywhere other than my (home-based) office in a while, so things may have improved. The 27" 4K display is at my vacation house, and I've only been able to get out there to mow the lawn lately

Before the end of 2016, though, I traveled back and forth between the two locations every week and experienced the issues mentioned previously.
Firefox ate my reply. It used to have some level of text-area caching, and in more recent builds it's just... gone.

If you haven't tried the combinations of monitors on 1703, there's been some improvement on this version, and the last version I did much with prior to this was 1511 -- last year I was pretty much all on a non-high-DPI Latitude.

https://blogs.windows.com/buildingap...eators-update/ and in particular the client change to set which scaling mode per app.

I haven't tried VMWare in about 3 years, so really have no context on how it runs; the per-VM manual scale factor on VirtualBox is really nice, and a recent-ish feature.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by chx1975
Do you mean like https://www.amazon.com/Eyoyo-1920x12.../dp/B01LCULWOE this? Yes, the 12V part is annoying, I admit that but I would guess something like http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-DC-5V-to...4AAOSw~bFWJLkk would solve it easily. Don't use the speakers and you are done, 800mA should be plenty for the monitor alone.
Or I'll use continue to use my USB3-powered portable monitor. Zero complaints from me. Then, since the HDMI port is free, I could use an HDMI cable to connect to the hotel TV and stream a movie. @:-)
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by tmiw
For those with Android devices there's iDisplay. While it probably still isn't the same as what you originally posted, it very well may be enough for a certain subset of people. And it's easier to buy a compatible tablet for most people, too.
I use iDisplay pro on IOS. Awesome app but i don't know it's also available on Android.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:29 am

Ive bought one of these recently - the 13.3" 1440p one.
I bought it from (a reseller?) on aliexpress, here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/13-3...810243428.html

Ive had it for a few weeks now, and im using it as a third display in my desktop setup, with a stand i built for it. Overall it has a good panel, only problem is a bit of ghosting. If anyone has any questions about it, I'll be happy to answer.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by StarchedPie
Ive bought one of these recently - the 13.3" 1440p one.
I bought it from (a reseller?) on aliexpress, here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/13-3...810243428.html

Ive had it for a few weeks now, and im using it as a third display in my desktop setup, with a stand i built for it. Overall it has a good panel, only problem is a bit of ghosting. If anyone has any questions about it, I'll be happy to answer.
Does it come with an adapter for mini-VGA to VGA or mini-HDMI to HDMI?

Is the menu in English?

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by unmesh
Does it come with an adapter for mini-VGA to VGA or mini-HDMI to HDMI?

Is the menu in English?
It came with a miniHDMI - HDMI cable, as well as a wall wart power adapter. I don't believe VGA is able to run it at 1440p, but I haven't tried yet.

The menu has options for english and chinese, as well as some basic colour / contrast / brightness settings.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 11:21 pm

Programs: No single airline or hotel chain is of much use to me anymore.
I have obtained one of these and I will be traveling overseas with it for the first time next week, any thoughts on potential border confusion with these things since I don't want to be accused of having failed to declare it.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Error 601
I have obtained one of these and I will be traveling overseas with it for the first time next week, any thoughts on potential border confusion with these things since I don't want to be accused of having failed to declare it.
For the US you stop by customs on the way out (or simply as a separate trip to one of their offices) and fill out a 4457 form. Note that you can fill it out in advance and have them stamp it, you don't need to do the whole thing there.

I have such forms for the electronics I normally carry, laminated so they will survive multiple trips. I've never been asked for one but better safe than sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.