Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Official 2017-19: Which Smartphone Should I Get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Official 2017-19: Which Smartphone Should I Get?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I have the OnePlus 6T. Now been almost 5 months. I really thought I wouldn't be able to last without:
  1. Removable battery
  2. Headphone jack
  3. Removable storage
All have been fine. The battery is pretty good and it charges quickly (even the car charger charges it quite fast while using Waze).

The deal online included USB headphone that have been fine, but I've anyways gotten used to Bluetooth headphones. This is the only 1 I still struggle with, though only very rarely. I've sometimes had, near the end of the day, wanting the headphones in for calls (so BT are out) but also want to charge the phone. That's an issue.

I took the base storage of 128 GB and have tons of space. Micro SD used to help expand the storage and also helped in cases where the phone dies, not losing stuff. But with 128-512 GB storage, space isn't an issue anymore. And pictures backup to Google Photos and OneDrive (for me); music is saved on Google Play Music or I use Spotify; WhatsApp does its own automatic backups to Google Drive; etc.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by joshwex90
The deal online included USB headphone that have been fine, but I've anyways gotten used to Bluetooth headphones. This is the only 1 I still struggle with, though only very rarely. I've sometimes had, near the end of the day, wanting the headphones in for calls (so BT are out) but also want to charge the phone. That's an issue.
Why can't you use the BT headphones for calls?
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Why can't you use the BT headphones for calls?
The microphone quality is quite poor, at least on the ones I've tried - it's just too small and far away from my mouth. Wired headphones have the microphone farther down
brp1264 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:02 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by joshwex90
The microphone quality is quite poor, at least on the ones I've tried - it's just too small and far away from my mouth. Wired headphones have the microphone farther down
I have had good luck with my RHA MA750 bluetooth headphones.

Amazon Amazon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.