Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Netflix now has download option for offline viewing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:21 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by Ditto
If you use Tunnelblick you can go to the settings tab and choose "Route all IPv4 traffic through the VPN", this should do the trick for Netflix.
You best me to it! It was doing split tunneling before and would only send relevant traffic down your VPN tunnel that was going to your home network resources. This forces all traffic down the tunnel and makes you really look at home.

Just keep in mind that performance for regular browsing is going to be slow since it doesn't exit locally now for even non secure site traffic but you might want that for security, too.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:36 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
You best me to it! It was doing split tunneling before and would only send relevant traffic down your VPN tunnel that was going to your home network resources. This forces all traffic down the tunnel and makes you really look at home.

Just keep in mind that performance for regular browsing is going to be slow since it doesn't exit locally now for even non secure site traffic but you might want that for security, too.
I got it set up and it works fine (once I'd found the setting). I also got it working on Android using "OpenVPN for Android", which is different to the "OpenVPN Connect" client I was previously using.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:07 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Ditto
If you use Tunnelblick you can go to the settings tab and choose "Route all IPv4 traffic through the VPN", this should do the trick for Netflix.
This kind of info is very useful, thanks.

Some of the shows I download while in some markets where aren't available for download in other markets where I am; and so it's nice to have a workaround to renew/download shows between trips.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Deleted

Last edited by Xeno; Jun 10, 2018 at 2:34 pm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 1:33 pm

Fantastic! Thanks for the vpn tip.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:10 am

This is a must especially if you have kids and need to keep them busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.