Reload this Page >

Finally! Jailbreak for iOS 11.3.1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2018, 11:51 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

How to Jailbreak Your iPhone on iOS 11.3.1 Using Electra (Windows) - iClarified

Been a long time coming.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by cblaisd
be sure to look at the comments below the post about a few extra tweeks, and rebooting more than once
Old Jul 7, 2018, 1:08 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Indeed. I'll wait a couple of days or so until the early adopters get things wrung out.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 2:16 pm

Geez, all this angst over not being able to do stuff on an iPhone that you could've been doing on Android for yyyyyeeeaaaarrrrsssss.

My one iDevice has been relegated to the junk drawer and the sense of freedom is exhilarating
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:07 pm

like sending random photos to random contacts?
Old Jul 7, 2018, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Actually, even though I was hoping this didn't turn into the OS wars thread, there are some very specific apps that I have missed since being forced to "up"grade to a non-jailbreakable iOS that have no counterpart on Android.

Back on topic It's clear from reading both the iClarified and Redmond Pie comments that this is not the seamless and simple jailbreak experience that we've grown used to in the increasingly distant past.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
like sending random photos to random contacts?
Hasn't happened to me, but then I don't have to use the message app supplied by my phone's manufacturer. And I've chosen not to

FREEEEDOOMMMMM!!!!

Oh, and I'm going to stop being a dick in this thread now
LIH Prem and DenverBrian like this.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Good lord, is the "us vs. them" of mobile phone OS's still going on? Or did my time machine just malfunction?
Old Jul 8, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by CPRich
Good lord, is the "us vs. them" of mobile phone OS's still going on? Or did my time machine just malfunction?
Agnostic- work phone now iphone 6, travel phone Project Fi. Got it covered. I just recently switched my work phone to the IP6 because I killed my V20 and needed a work phone stat. So I just sit amused while the Fans fight it out. Oh, I did have to get a battery case for the IP6, because I could switch the battery on the V20. So there is that.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by boerne
Agnostic- work phone now iphone 6, travel phone Project Fi. Got it covered. I just recently switched my work phone to the IP6 because I killed my V20 and needed a work phone stat. So I just sit amused while the Fans fight it out. Oh, I did have to get a battery case for the IP6, because I could switch the battery on the V20. So there is that.
Looooove my V20 because of that. 100% battery in 15 seconds.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Insecurity has never been cured.

Having rooted my Samsung & One+ phones, I will say rooting the phone is an overblown need. I am currently using an iPhone 7 and have no need to root the phone. Since the 3rd generation watch has been released, I am hesitant to switch until a watch as seamless exists for Android.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.