Reload this Page >

Google Pixel Phones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Google Pixel Phones

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 11:34 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Running project Fi on a nexus 6 that is in great shape, and I am not sure I need a Pixel right now. I used it in Maine and for the first time I watched it seamlessly switch from Sprint to Tmo to US cellular with no hiccup. And thats the oldest phone. It will only get better with time, and Fi gave me a great phone number to remember. I can wait a little until the Pixel's go on sale.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 7:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by OceanAir
Also, every Android phone I have ever used has had significantly worse battery life than iOS.
I was out with a few friends last weekend. 3 of them have iPhone 6's, and had upgraded to iOS10. Their battery life now stinks.

Each of them said they now need to switch off Wifi/Bluetooth just to get a days life.

For the first time, I have an Android phone (S7) that beats iPhones on battery life I was sitting smugly on 73% while they were all panicking about have to get a normal taxi as Uber would be out for them.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
I was a little underwhelmed by the announcement. Might pick up one of the new 6Ps floating around eBay.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by boerne
I can wait a little until the Pixel's go on sale.
I think this statement best describes the biggest problem every Android mfg has, especially compared to Apple. People know the price of Android phones will drop quickly after launch and aren't willing to pay full price at launch like Apple faithful will. I don't know that there's an easy way to fix this, at least not quickly, since holding MSRP longer would just push customers to another similar Android offering willing to discount.

That said... I too can wait until the Pixels go on sale.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by ahana2607
Google Pixel Phone Feature are awesome :
1.Display
5.00-inch

2.Processor
1.6GHz

3.Front Camera
8-megapixel

4. Resolution
1080x1920 pixels

5.RAM
4GB

6.OS
Android 7.1

7.Storage
32GB

8.Rear Camera
12.3-megapixel

9.Battery capacity
2770mAh
Yea, I agree. I have a pre-order on a 128GB Pixel myself. I am currently using the Nexus 5 which I truly like. It works well too - but I am going to switch to Fi and wanted the latest greatest. At least I can now stop carrying my old iPod around (since with this amount of memory I can load up all 64GB to it without worry that the camera pictures will overwhelm). My Nexus 5 was only 32 GB.

Darn thing is ridiculously expensive though. Most won't buy it at this price.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by der_saeufer
AMOLED displays have gotten better, but they're still oversaturated (looking at you, Samsung), so the colors aren't accurate. That's one thing LG/Google actually got right on the 5X--except for the defective ones, the colors were really accurate on its IPS panel. Apple has stuck to IPS displays for the same reason. Active display and battery-saving tricks unique to AMOLED are cool, but it's more important to me to have correct color reproduction.

My main beef is that a lot of them are STILL hard to read in direct sunlight, which is a dealbreaker for a guy who spends a lot of time in farm fields and vineyards at work and on trails on the weekends. My iPhone 3G was easy to read even with the sun at my back in the desert, so it's not like daytime legibility is a new technology.
The 6P has an sRGB option, which has rather accurate colors. It could be brighter, but many report no problems reading in direct sunlight.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/9820/t...us-6p-review/5
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:44 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Coolers
Currently on the OP3, which is a great phone in its own right, but would have seriously considered getting the Pixel had they included dual sim as a feature. That, coupled with lack of water resistance, has left me quite disappointed.
I can't see the attraction of the Pixel over the OP3. Certainly not worth the extra $$$.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:34 am

I am at the point that none of the new phones seem very amazing. They are all about the same. The pixel phones seem good if they are not at the exact same price range as the Samsung and Apple phones. I guess it has a headphone jack and does not catch on fire (don't know about this one yet) so maybe it is better....
Old Oct 10, 2016, 9:56 am

I have a 6p, and see little reason to upgrade had the pixel XL been a somewhat reasonable price (maybe a bit more than the 499 I paid for the 6p). For $800? Lol, no.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
I think they are not worth it. I have owned Nexus phones since the Nexus One. Both N1 and Galaxy Nexus. They were great, amazing i loved them, but they were groundbreaking in their tech advances. The Google Pixels are imho overpriced. For that same amount of money i prefer to buy Apple. Also, they don't offer the same level of innovation that devices such as the defunct Note 7 had. Too many lackings. SD card..., design that i find uninspiring. Average display, and storage that in my case, it is not enough for me as a power user. Just by storage i had to even skip the consideration of this device being a previous Nexus owner.

Refunded (still in this process) my N7 and went iPhone 7 Plus. Was really looking into android as i have the free 256GB Samsung card, but.... nothing in the market comes close to what i wanted. So that's that.

Asus Zenphone 3 "Deluxe Special Edition" looks promising, i'm sure it will be great but had from 2007 without giving a go to iPhone. Between resale value, brand perception, and quality. I went with that model. I still have an S6 Edge (in green!) which i am using on android, so i can dip into both ecosystems.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
Out of curiosity, what is your beef with AMOLED? In my experience it's the best display technology there is.
I have concerns about their longevity. While I understand that in-store displays are not the same as real-world use, the burn-in that I've seen on those is enough to steer me away from most anything OLED.

That said, I haven't noticed any display issues with the Apple Watch yet--but that might be because the screen stays off most of the time.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 5:31 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I really wish Google phones would be dual sim.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:17 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by SRQ Guy
Frankly, I'm glad I jumped on the Note 7 (Now With Fewer Explosions! ).
How's that been workin' out for ya? Come back to the Stock side. You know you want to!
Old Oct 16, 2016, 6:13 pm
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
For those who ordered from Google on Oct. 4, what delivery date are you seeing? I ordered within 20 minutes or so of the page going live and have an estimated delivery date of Oct. 26-28.

My Nexus 6 is completely kaput as of today. It's stuck in "AP Fastboot mode" and the solution apparently requires a working USB port -- mine has been broken for 6 weeks or so. I've ordered a SIM adapter kit that should arrive tomorrow and will enable me to use my nano SIM in my Nexus 4's micro SIM slot.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by chgoeditor
For those who ordered from Google on Oct. 4, what delivery date are you seeing? I ordered within 20 minutes or so of the page going live and have an estimated delivery date of Oct. 26-28.
I ordered same day as release - showing Oct 24-25 estimate (but I chose 2 day shipping).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.