Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best headphones for the price.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by TIGA31328
I was going to buy this pair of Sony's, I have several friends that are very happy with them. https://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX750.../dp/B00JFLAEO2 I luckily procrastinated and found a pair of Bose QC-35 II's in Black on FaceBook storefront for $180.00 ($349 at BestBuy), brand new in the box, I verified them with the Bose App to make sure that they were legitimate. Everyone may not want to shop around local on FB, CL, etc. but I have found some exceptional deals on electronics doing it.

Patrick
A steal at that price! I also think that for the OP the wired QC 25 can be had around $150 if you keep your eyes peeled for it nowadays.

At first I thought I'd only use them on flights but it has been such a pleasure in any kind of public transportation or even to reduce ambient noise at work that I can't live without them nowadays.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
I only fly 5 - 6 times a year too, but my trips are almost always long-haul and last a week or more per event. I probably spent close to $800 early on trying to find a set of ANC headphones I liked. Then a friend let me try out his Bose QC-15s and that was it. Since then I've had the QC-15s and sold them and bought QC-20 earbuds and I've never bothered even looking for another set. Dollar for dollar the Bose are the best and very much worth the expense (to me, at least).

Alternatively, I saw Shure and Etymotics listed too... I have a set of Shure ear buds that have some foam Comply tips that I used to wear, but the Shure cables have a nasty habit of wearing out after only a year of use, I replaced them several times because the cables would fray and crack, especially in the area where it drapes over the ear. That said, both the Shure and Etymotics buds, while not ANC, are noise isolating and do a very good job of it once you add a good foam tip to seal the ear canal. They also do pretty good sound reproduction as well.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I ended up buying QC35s locally second hand, Awesome headphones and wished I had bought them a long time ago, There is a MK II which has google voice support which has driven down the cost down of the QC35 v1

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.