Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Dual - SIM Android phone with US Warranty - do they exist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dual - SIM Android phone with US Warranty - do they exist?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2016, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by WIRunner
The LeEco looks quite interesting... and cheap.
http://www.lemall.com/us/phone/leeco_le_s3/index.html
Not sure about this though:
  • Slot 1: Voice/Data Support
  • Slot 2: Voice/SMS Only
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
That is a sneaky thing to watch out for. I have two SIM cards and switch the data to a different card based on what country I am in. If I have to swap the cards altogether, that is worse than carrying two phones.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I could have lived with data on only one SIM, but need texts in both.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
That is a sneaky thing to watch out for. I have two SIM cards and switch the data to a different card based on what country I am in. If I have to swap the cards altogether, that is worse than carrying two phones.
Agree.

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I just think it is nickel and diming so would not accept that compromise.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 9:44 am

That almost makes no sense! I have never heard of a dual sim phone only allowing txt on one of the sims. Not even the basic dual sim devices.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 10:08 am

It was that way in the old days. Today's modern dual SIM phones are fine. The OnePlus3 handles text on both, voice on both and data on one that you can switch back and forth.

It is also tolerant of different network types. The OnePlus2 had issues when one of the networks did not have 2G support. Seeing that many companies are turning off 2G to use the frequencies for other products, this is becoming common in the more developed world.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cozmo456
It was that way in the old days. Today's modern dual SIM phones are fine. The OnePlus3 handles text on both, voice on both and data on one that you can switch back and forth.

It is also tolerant of different network types. The OnePlus2 had issues when one of the networks did not have 2G support. Seeing that many companies are turning off 2G to use the frequencies for other products, this is becoming common in the more developed world.
Not sure I understand that. My dual SIM Samsung handles voice/SMS/data (caveat, only one does 4G) on both SIMs.
Old Oct 31, 2016, 1:08 pm

Not sure I understand that. My dual SIM Samsung handles voice/SMS/data (caveat, only one does 4G) on both SIMs.
Some older phones require that the SIM in slot 2 have 2G available on their network. But nobody (except cheap Chinese phones) make this any more.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know if the OP 3 can be used like an external hard drive like most androids (at least all androids I have owned).

I believe iPhone cannot be used like that and that is a very important feature for me.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Anyone know if the OP 3 can be used like an external hard drive like most androids (at least all androids I have owned).

I believe iPhone cannot be used like that and that is a very important feature for me.
I've only seen that on devices that have removable memory. It is MPT mode I think. Windows computers haven't had any issues doing it, Macs seem to need a new programme to open the file manager. I have a GS5 that can, and a GS6 that cannot. I don't have any Androids newer than those.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might want to have a little google around as people have reported issues with that, some seem to have a workaround, one example.

Originally Posted by WIRunner
I've only seen that on devices that have removable memory. It is MPT mode I think. Windows computers haven't had any issues doing it, Macs seem to need a new programme to open the file manager. I have a GS5 that can, and a GS6 that cannot. I don't have any Androids newer than those.
MTP mode is what you are thinking of.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You might want to have a little google around as people have reported issues with that, some seem to have a workaround, one example.
Why does android make some things so complicated?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 8:05 pm

Where you say complicated, I hear possible, relative to iOS.

That said, I've had no problems connecting my OP3 to my PC. Simple plug and play for me on W10.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It really does depend on an element of luck I believe. And the correct drivers. I have one PC that is W7 and it works fine, the other doesn't with my J1 Ace. And I didn't investigate because one worked so just use that. But they are odd. I took a picture the other day and the camera shutter "clicked". Why is this odd? It's odd because I had renamed the file so that it wouldn't click but all of a sudden with no update to the OS on the phone, (no clue as to what app may have updated the file) it is back to clicking. And using ES Explorer to try to rename it again now fails. Very very odd and reminds me I need to have a play with it.

Originally Posted by Coolers
Where you say complicated, I hear possible, relative to iOS.

That said, I've had no problems connecting my OP3 to my PC. Simple plug and play for me on W10.
I just got a work iphone SE and it is a lovely little phone I have to say. But that iOS is a POS as far as I am concerned. I don't ever see me buying an iphone.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seriously considering ZTE Axon 7 vs OP 3. Which to go for?

Also there is a ZTE Axon 7 - 32GB & 3GB RAM. Apart from the memory anything different from the 64GB one?

Last edited by UA Fan; Nov 2, 2016 at 10:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.