Samsung Galaxy S7

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Samsung Galaxy S7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by s0ssos
What scared me about the S7 note is that it exploded without any provocation (pressure, flight).
That concerns me too, but I don't see any provocation in most of the iPhone events either.

I could see (very high) positive pressure as a potential catalyst, but I don't know how reduced air pressure would have an effect.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
And now the replacements have the same problems.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by milepig
And now the replacements have the same problems.
That would be the Note, not the Galaxy S7. Different devices.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Stopped

Well about the note 7 yes At&t sprint and soon verizon have stopped selling and Samsung has stopped making them entirely for now.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone with the T-Mobile version have the latest update (G930TUVU4APIA) installed? I've been trying for about three weeks, and it keeps failing.
Old Oct 27, 2016, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Has anyone with the T-Mobile version have the latest update (G930TUVU4APIA) installed? I've been trying for about three weeks, and it keeps failing.
Yes, it installed on my phone fine. If you are having a problem, you could try to use Samsung's SmartSwitch Software.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimchic
Yes, it installed on my phone fine. If you are having a problem, you could try to use Samsung's SmartSwitch Software.
Forgot about that. It worked. Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I have a $33/mo trade-in credit across two phones. Unfortunately, I lose the credit if I trade in my S6's for S7's. Looks like I'll have to wait for the S8.
Always remember the adage: "If you don't like what the answer is, call back."

I spoke with someone in T-Mobile Retentions/Loyalty today, and they said I absolutely would be able to maintain my trade-in credit. ^
My bill suddenly went up $33/mo a few billing cycles ago. I thought it was curious since I knew my trade-in credit hadn't expired. A call to customer care led to "you shouldn't have continued to receive the trade-in credit after you got your S7's; I don't see any notes indicating the credits should've continued; including the prior months without the credit, there are 8 months remaining ($268) from the initial trade-in credit, and I can offer you $130." I declined, and I got transferred to retentions. After being put on hold multiple times, I was told the same spiel, except they only offered a $66 one-time credit. The agent then told me to hold one last time, and she came back to say that she found the note which granted me the trade-in credits, and I should expect a one-time credit of $268 within the next month. She also noted that it took the T-Mobile system five months to update that I had traded-in our S6's for S7's.

Lesson learned: verify your CSR has written everything down in your customer notes to back up any deal that benefits you!
Old Feb 22, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Major price drop at T-Mobile today. For either the non-edge or the edge versions. (Plus a few other devices.)

https://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone/...galaxy-s7-edge
$15/month, $360 total price.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Someone on SlickDeals posted a Reddit thread that said the price would drop to $10/mo once the S8 is released--possibly free with bill credits. My Jump on Demand trade-in credits should expire by the time the S8 is released.

I was pretty meh reading about the Nougat update; nonetheless, I decided to update to Nougat, and I really like the changes. Phone feels a lot snappier.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Might buy an S7 SIM free, once the S8 is out. Would be interesting to see how the camera compares to my Nexus 5X.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.