Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Which airlines use Apple's Passbook and anyone used it on the Apple Watch?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which airlines use Apple's Passbook and anyone used it on the Apple Watch?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
AA's Apple Watch app is amazing, one of the few that actually is fairly full-featured. Passbook / mobile boarding with it works great as well.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Originally Posted by JamilD
AA's Apple Watch app is amazing, one of the few that actually is fairly full-featured. Passbook / mobile boarding with it works great as well.
Thanks for the tip, I'm flying AA a couple times in the next 3-4 months so I'll be sure to give it a try.
Old Sep 3, 2015, 3:10 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I used Passbook for AV last week, I was quite surprise, checked in online via their mobile site and it gave me a passbook boarding pass. First time I ever used one
Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by IslesFan
You actually got the delta app on the watch to work? I posted in the delta forum, no dice for me.
Couldn't use my watch to check in last Sat. It said I must unlock my phone to view. It was unlocked so checked in with my phone instead

Bobette
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:17 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by b1513
Couldn't use my watch to check in last Sat. It said I must unlock my phone to view. It was unlocked so checked in with my phone instead

Bobette
I didn't think you could check in with the watch... I think it just shows the current status/gate of your flight.

BTW, a few weeks after I wrote that post delta released an update that fixed the watch.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I use the Passbook and the United APP on the phone interchangeably. However, using the watch for the BP is difficult to say the least. At TSA, the scanners require me to do contortions or flip my watch to an unnatural position. Worse yet, when I go to the United boarding podium, their scanners are so narrow that there is no way to get my arm with the watch on it underneath.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by IslesFan
I didn't think you could check in with the watch... I think it just shows the current status/gate of your flight.
I've scanned / boarded flights using the watch many times, never had a problem. Well OK, it is a little cumbersome to twist your arm/wrist so that the scanner can see the QR code, but it works just fine on both domestic and international flights! I like not having to pull my phone out of my pocket or mess with paper while schlepping my stuff on board. Haven't tried the TSA yet.

Last edited by boberonicus; Oct 28, 2015 at 6:40 pm
Old Oct 28, 2015, 9:52 pm
Suspended

I can answer the first part. Alaska definitely uses passbook.

Someone actually has an apple watch?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by boberonicus
I've scanned / boarded flights using the watch many times, never had a problem. Well OK, it is a little cumbersome to twist your arm/wrist so that the scanner can see the QR code, but it works just fine on both domestic and international flights! I like not having to pull my phone out of my pocket or mess with paper while schlepping my stuff on board. Haven't tried the TSA yet.
I wasn't talking about using the mobile boarding pass in passbook there. You need to use the delta app on the phone to check in to obtain such boarding pass.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 9:22 am

I use it on WN and DL. I love using it with WN as they generally have the downward facing scanners allowing me to just hold my wrist under it. You do have to watch though because they have a couple of desk units that the watch won't fit under. Have to have the phone handy for those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.