Best Earphones (NOT HEADPHONES)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Earphones (NOT HEADPHONES)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:41 pm

Hi all-

I posted this in a separate thread and trying to get some headphone recommendations. The shure recommendations on here is way too expensive... wondering if there are any cheaper options that fit my requirements:

- Must be in-ear headphones
- Must be noise isolation (not noise cancelling as I do not want to continually charge the headphones or deal with batteries)
- Must have a microphone on the wire
- Must have volume controls on the wire
- Must not be fitted to a specific ear - eg not like the apple headphones how you must use the R on the R ear

I'm looking for best bang-for-the-buck suggestions..willing to spend around £50 or so to get quality but I'm not an audiophile so nothing super high end - thanks!
aleaf likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 4:53 am

www.jaybirdsport.com bluetooth wireless, noise cancelling, comfortable in ear, comes in three different earbud sizes. Built-in microphone to answer phone calls through bluetooth. wraps snug behind your neck with adjustable cord. Sweat-proof.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by MitzEclipse
Hi all-

I posted this in a separate thread and trying to get some headphone recommendations. The shure recommendations on here is way too expensive... wondering if there are any cheaper options that fit my requirements:

- Must be in-ear headphones
- Must be noise isolation (not noise cancelling as I do not want to continually charge the headphones or deal with batteries)
- Must have a microphone on the wire
- Must have volume controls on the wire
- Must not be fitted to a specific ear - eg not like the apple headphones how you must use the R on the R ear

I'm looking for best bang-for-the-buck suggestions..willing to spend around £50 or so to get quality but I'm not an audiophile so nothing super high end - thanks!
These are new and getting great reviews. I just got a pair and they sound great.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-.../dp/B00SLVB71Q
Old Mar 18, 2015, 5:17 pm
Suspended

I am also looking to buy new earphones/headphones and replace my Sony MDR-W08L headphones.
I need something with high sensitivity (>> 100 dB/mW) that can work with my iPad.
I don't like earphones as the buds usually start to irritate fairly quickly. But something small and compact, travel size, on- or over-the-ear would be preferred.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:05 pm
Suspended

In 2017 now we have wired earphone and wireless earphones, if you are looking for wired earphones then you can buy 1 More Piston Fit, sennheiser CX 213 and house of marley jamaica But if you are looking for wireless then you can go with Techno Frost QY07006
Old Dec 19, 2017, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
I’ve been happy with both Ultimate Ear and Etymotics. My wife likes Shures. That said, check out headphone.com. They have reviews of headphones and earphones and sell them. They had earphones ranging from around $29 to $2,999 (not a mistake -Shure electrostatic earphones).

Last edited by GadgetFreak; Dec 19, 2017 at 10:09 pm
Old Dec 25, 2017, 10:12 am

Earphone Iphone 8plus

Anyone can suggest where to buy online for original wireless iphone 8plus earphone?
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:10 am
hln

Originally Posted by BenA
Another vote for the Shure SE535 - listening to mine now and couldn't be happier.

If you want a travel pair of earphones that aren't completely awful for pennies on the dollar, oddly, check out the Xiaomi Piston 2 ($25). http://www.head-fi.org/t/717620/revi...ning-budget-fi is a review from the Head-Fi forums. I love mine and they sound surprisingly fantastic for the money. I also appreciate that they're easier to insert, so I prefer them when I'm likely to get interrupted frequently. Just make sure you get an authentic pair!
Seems that is the one I need to go with
Old Aug 8, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by hln
Seems that is the one I need to go with
If you're referring to the Xiaomi Piston 2, it was superseded by the Piston 2,1 then the Piston 3 and apparently now the Piston 2017, which is $9.99 rather than $25.

Given the multiple generations and drastic price differences since the original recommendation nearly three and a half years ago, you may want to get some additional, more recent, recommendations and reviews.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.