Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boingo

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Is it Boingo that people swear by or am I thinking of Gogo, because you can get it with some platinum cards?
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I've yet to have a problem connecting my MacBook or iPad to Boingo in MKE or LGA. For quite a while LGA was pretty ugly to use (stupidly slow.) I'd ditch it but, and use my phone, but the service around MKE and GRB is pretty rough.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by wco81
Is it Boingo that people swear by or am I thinking of Gogo, because you can get it with some platinum cards?
Boingo is the Amex deal one that people are getting, GoGo is the in-flight one everyone *wishes* Amex would sponsor.
Old May 26, 2015, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
All I can say is, don't install the latest boingo iphone app5.7.0071...major springboard freeze, phone needed a full hard reboot to get working again.

there are some WPA2 updates and possibly the re-introduction of the dynamic VPN (which failed miserably last time) could be more of the same.
Old May 27, 2015, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nmenaker
All I can say is, don't install the latest boingo iphone app5.7.0071...major springboard freeze, phone needed a full hard reboot to get working again.
What type of phone and iOS are you on? Obviously this isn't happening to everyone. What is your unique circumstance?
Old May 28, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by stimpy
What type of phone and iOS are you on? Obviously this isn't happening to everyone. What is your unique circumstance?
iphone 6 running 8.3, shouldn't have been a problem.

installed on GF iphone 5s running 8.3, same thing.. full lock-up.. YMMV, just saying.

Historically, not many people actually USED this app for boingo and in the early days of the app most people had problems, especially with the initial VPN implementation. Seems at least for these couple devices and iOs configs they still have issues.

Fortunately, the app isn't necessary for using the service at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.