QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Quick update on customer service/warranty.

My original QC20's were purchased (Amex MR points) last August. This spring, a wire was frayed and Bose replaced them on warranty (actually did a swap at a store).

Last week, the replacement pair lost sound/noise canceling on the right side. Contacted Bose and they replaced them under warranty. I paid a little extra for two day shipping and they arrived last Friday at my home. I shipped them Tuesday via UPS from on the road. They shipped next day once they got notice I had sent them a shipment.

Very good customer service.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: UA 1K
Finally bit the bullet on a pair of QC20's.

WOW.

Simply - wow. Comfortable as heck, small form factor, and the noise cancellation is stunning.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by JMN57
Quick update on customer service/warranty.

My original QC20's were purchased (Amex MR points) last August. This spring, a wire was frayed and Bose replaced them on warranty (actually did a swap at a store).

Last week, the replacement pair lost sound/noise canceling on the right side. Contacted Bose and they replaced them under warranty. I paid a little extra for two day shipping and they arrived last Friday at my home. I shipped them Tuesday via UPS from on the road. They shipped next day once they got notice I had sent them a shipment.

Very good customer service.
I actually had 2 pairs fail on me within the the first month of owning them last fall. Replaced under warranty both times, and they threw in expedited shipping for free with apologies for the second. They've worked fabulously since then.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 2:16 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Boogie711
Finally bit the bullet on a pair of QC20's.

WOW.

Simply - wow. Comfortable as heck, small form factor, and the noise cancellation is stunning.
Exactly my experience. There are times I use them when not on the road, simply to block out noise while taking a nap or sleeping overnight. Best consumer electronics purchase I've made in several years.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AK Gold 75K, etc. etc.
i've also lost two pairs....the first had a plastic ridge that holds on the ear insert on the phones. They replaced it under warranty. The second failure was separation of the two halves of the right earphone. I could piece them together, but there was a horrible squealing sound that I would judge loud enough to cause ear damage. The bose stand at the denver airport replaced them for me.

I have noticed that when I push the earphones in my ear, they make a high pitched squeal that is bothersome. Since all of the specimens I have had made that noise, I think its endemic to product design.

I am using them for travel and will continue to do so, but I consider it a pretty nasty defect that they make this high pitched whine.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 5:15 am

I had the whine problem with my first pair and they replaced - them no problems since
Old Aug 9, 2014, 3:01 pm
Suspended

Anyone else notice a high pitched noise when using on a train? When entering/exiting a tunnel or another train passing.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K
OOooooohhhhh.... I want.....

I'm seriously tempted, only because I think this would be the holy grail of NC headphones:

http://www.averysound.com/as.bose.html
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum
I had the high pitch whine problem as well. I exchanged them for free via Bose. If it's happening to you, keep returning them! They are amazing otherwise...
Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Other Whine

Originally Posted by dkc71
I had the high pitch whine problem as well. I exchanged them for free via Bose. If it's happening to you, keep returning them! They are amazing otherwise...
Bought a pair for my wife a year ago right after the introduction. The only high pitch whine I hear is when I try to borrow them from my wife…

(I also got her a pair of B&0 headphones.. the whine is not as loud...)
Old Sep 7, 2014, 3:36 pm

The best deal I was able to find was through LA Computer Co for $246 shipped. I can also get them for 48,000 Delta points through my Amex card.

Any other deals out there?
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:20 pm

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite Plus, Privium Plus, Qatar Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I have the QC20i - my impression is great - very solid airplane jet noise suppression and overall quieting of the noise around you with one complaint - they simply can't stop baby crying noise. Somehow babies have a "sweet spot" sound pattern which penetrates the headphones with great ease...
I know there are no headphones which can so this is maybe not a real complaint but rather a wish ...
Old Sep 13, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS, Hyatt Dia, SPG Gold, Shangri-La(h) Jade
I've owned a few pairs of Bose's IE and IE2 headphones and loved them all the while until the wire underneath the phones frayed and the sound eventually cut out. Unfortunately this would always happen after the 1 year warranty expired.

As my air travel increased I switched to QC15s and I've been wearing them everywhere. They're not the most convenient headphones in the world and with year round temperatures in the 30C/85F zone, in Singapore, they get uncomfortable after a while.

I would love to switch back to the in-ears in the form of the QC20 however I'm on the fence as a few posters in this thread have mentioned issues with fraying wires. Has this been a common problem for members other than those who shared their experiences with the fraying wires?

If things haven't changed I'll probably jump for the QC25s.

MTIA
Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Bose replacement

Originally Posted by dkc71
Did it have to be returned to the SAME Bose store or is any ok?
Did you need the receipt ?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:41 am

Call customer service and ship it to them (they cover cost). I'm not sure if a store can process a return

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.