QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QuietComfort® 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling® headphones vs B&O earphones

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
The Dealchicken coupons weren't there for me yesterday but are now.

Just got to find out if Sharper Image accept non-US cards.

Added: Seems to have worked well as they've shipped already. Should have tried my luck during the cashback promo but at around £100 (may get something from a cashback site), it beats the normal UK price of around £259.99 ($425)

Last edited by xenole; Dec 6, 2013 at 10:54 pm
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by xenole
The Dealchicken coupons weren't there for me yesterday but are now.

Just got to find out if Sharper Image accept non-US cards.

Added: Seems to have worked well as they've shipped already. Should have tried my luck during the cashback promo but at around £100 (may get something from a cashback site), it beats the normal UK price of around £259.99 ($425)
Yours shipped before the people who ordered last week
I ordered my second pair late last week, and got the shipping notification today.

I'm trying out my first pair on a couple of flights today, and so far I'm very impressed.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 12:43 am

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 26point2orbust
I ordered my second pair late last week, and got the shipping notification today.
Nice!

Received my notification and CB GC today also for order #2. Order #1 arrives on Monday so order #2 will arrive to me on Monday the 16th.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:04 am

20% Sharper Image cash back Sunday and Monday.
Do I need a third pair?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Glad I kept an eye on this thread. As it turned out for me, better late than never (and no doubt better than a day earlier) since the 20% cash back returned today. Deal Chicken still working until midnight EDT tonight apparently, and I was able to buy and apply three vouchers (two through two separate accounts, one as a gift from one account). I kept the number above $125 so I could use the Amex Plat to buy and get the $25 back as well as return protection. AFF30 did not work for me, but HOLIDAY10 did.

Used Topcashback as well, and it informed me that my click through was successful, so we'll see how that works out, but given that I can buy some toys for my nephew's kids for Christmas and get them delivered in time, money that I would have spent anyway, I figure I came out of this with about $125 out of pocket ($115 if TCB works)--or about 40% of what I would have paid had I walked into my local Bose store. And given the good reviews on this product, I was really tempted to do so. I'm glad I didn't have to.

Thanks to everyone who pointed out this great deal.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
hate to ask

I hate to ask this way, but what is the currently working deal? I think I'm ready to jump!

appreciate anyone pointing out the currently working cookie crumbs
Old Dec 9, 2013, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
I hate to ask this way, but what is the currently working deal? I think I'm ready to jump!

appreciate anyone pointing out the currently working cookie crumbs
The DealChicken $50 for $25 gift certificates ended and there doesn't seem to be an alternative source (e.g. Groupon, LivingSocial) for them now so basically it's back to what the original deal was which is 10% off plus some of the other CB tricks. 20% CB in a gift certificate is still available until midnight PST tonight, I believe.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Dec 10, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Well, managed to successfuly buy the GCs and redeem them. Cost me £97 in total after $ to £ conversion and factoring in $18 cashback from eBates (assuming I can figure out how to collect it or else £108 total)
Cracking deal compared to the normal $299.99 / £180ish at amazon or £259.99 in the UK!

Delivered today as well (to my US address).

Going to compare them to some QC15s on a flight to Hong Kong on Monday.

Last edited by xenole; Dec 10, 2013 at 12:46 pm
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: PC platinum ambassador, Hz gold Five stars,SAS silver
getting tired of my pair of Bose QC3. Could this be a good alternative...
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:55 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kermee
I actually have the even older ATH-ANC3 which has been rock solid. Anyone have any comparisons with the QC20's to the ANC3's?

Cheers,
Kermee
So I decided to open up my QC20i's before my flight this Thursday and gave them a test on my iPhone. The effectiveness of the noise-cancellation in an office environment blew me away. It was many times better, subjectively of course. Although I think my ATH-ANC3's might have a slight edge on music fidelity, but not enough to the point where I think it'll annoy me. Can't wait to test them on a 737.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Got mine today and tried them in my office. Although obviously a very limited test environment, I am impressed. At first, I just noticed that the QC20s shut out the noise from the vent in my office--a very low-level whoosh that's my constant office companion. After taking a short break in the bathroom down the hall that has no windows and with the hall door shut, I realized that although I could hear traffic at the busy intersection outside my office with the earphones out, I was no longer hearing it with the QC20s in my ears in my office sitting right next to the windows overlooking the street.

Although I have seen reviews that have criticized the fidelity of these earphones, the quiet environment they produce really lets you hear the music and nothing but the music. I can also see how these earphones would be very comfortable to wear for an extended period while trying to sleep. They're a keeper.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 3:02 pm
dtc

Programs: Restarting life as UA newb; AA Lifetime Gold
I've been wearing them continuously (blatant exaggeration) since I got them in September. It's addicting. Too addicting. I missed a boarding announcement the other day and had to board with the non-elites the other day.

That said, the "aware mode" is pretty useless. The audio is such a jumble that it's better off pulling the earphones out.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:01 pm

Programs: Skymiles Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Premier
Guys,

Just trying to check out a QC20, on the checkout page, I applied one certificate and that was it. I cannot apply another one. Could someone tell me what went wrong? Thanks

Originally Posted by Kermee
Goes under 'Certificate'. It allows up to 5.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by liger
Guys,

Just trying to check out a QC20, on the checkout page, I applied one certificate and that was it. I cannot apply another one. Could someone tell me what went wrong? Thanks
Seems a YMMV situation. Some have reported difficulty. I was able to apply three vouchers last Sunday when I made my purchase. Don't know if it'll make a difference, but I made my purchase using Firefox. Try a different browser.

Unfortunately, the terms at Deal Chicken indicated that probably only one could be used per purchase. It is possible that Sharper Image fixed this glitch.

If not, try this. I actually only bought one voucher originally and then did a test purchase at Sharper Image. When I entered my code and hit "Apply," the code applied but the link, "Apply a gift certificate" didn't disappear. When I clicked the link a second time, another box opened for a second voucher code. I did it a third time to get $150 for $75. I seem to recall that five is the limit.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by liger
Guys,

You keep hitting 'Apply a gift certificate' link as you enter them in... I just tried it with a spare 20% CB GC from my last order I haven't used yet.

Cheers,
Kermee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.