Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ooma abroad

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Ooma abroad

In the past, I have taken a Vonage VOIP box to Europe to make free calls home. I also brought a cheap $5 handset to use.

We are switching to Ooma ($40/mo to $5), and I would like to know if I can do the same thing? It sounds like I can, but I am curious if anyone has tried it.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
I've never taken the Ooma box, but I have used the (new/current) Ooma Android app on hotel wifi systems in various parts of the world. It generally works OK, but it does NOT work if I'm using the Sonicwall VPN app & running all traffic through VPN.

Given my experience, I would expect the Ooma box to work on a wired IP, but cannot state definitively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.