Reload this Page >

Prepaid SIM - Italy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid SIM - Italy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:28 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
My wife and I did the $10/day thing with AT&T last year. Only charged if you actually use it, and the speed was fantastic. Did take the phone about an hour to do whatever it needed to do to gain full speed, but it worked well in Rome, Florence, and Munich during our trip.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 10:49 am

Bumping an older thread - getting into FCO pretty late on Friday - after 9PM - any chance I can still pick up a prepaid Vodafone or TIM sim (for iPhone X) at the airport? Or will I have to wait to get one in Rome the next morning? Thanks!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:52 pm

The airport site shows the two TIM stores at FCO closing at 21.30, so it would be a close call. One is at the B concourse, where you can get with an Alitalia or partner arrival from a Schengen country; the other in the T3 arrivals hall landside. Scanning the relatively recent posts, I'm not sure if there's mention of TIM Tourist, which as I understand lets you enter your information in advance and pick up your SIM in a store by showing your passport.
lax01 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I leave tomorrow for Italy, and I've been doing some research into the various providers. It seems that all bundles operate on a per-month system. Can I just buy a SIM in cash and never add more to it and let it lapse (use it only for just under a month)? Or are they like the contracts that were everywhere a couple of years ago in the US?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Yeah that’s the general idea, make sure there’s no residual credit left or it will automatically apply it towards next month service.

i got a TIM international SIM for 20 Euros and it provided plenty of data. Never tried it for calls or texts tho, just data.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm looking at the international SIM for 9.99 per month. When going through the website to 'purchase' it (as a test) it shows that I'd have to pay for the SIM which is 25 Euros. What is the cost breakdown if I buy it in a store? Do I have to pay the 9.99 and the SIM is included? Also, can I pay in cash?
Old Dec 24, 2018, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
You could use cards at stores.

there are TIM stores everywhere.

they also have a Tourist SIM.

Italy | Prepaid Data SIM Card Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.