Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Running OLD 16-bit pgms on 64-bit Windows; & MS Works 2.0 (!) converter?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Running OLD 16-bit pgms on 64-bit Windows; & MS Works 2.0 (!) converter?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
5.1 was such a leap in usability from 4.0. And it still makes some really professional looking documents.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
The best way IMNSHO to run Windows 3.1 is to use DOSBox. It doesn't get simpler than that.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by deubster
Normally, I'd agree wholeheartedly. But sometimes newer programs, with their many improvements and added features, cut out the very feature that you relied most upon.
Just one example: In Word 2003 it was very easy to create macros and custom buttons for one-click completion of tasks. I often need to copy from one document but paste into another as unformatted text. In Word 2003, that's an easy macro creation assigned to keyboard strokes - ctrl-shift-V.

Word 2007 and 2010? Still haven't figured it out. So every time I have to paste as unformatted text, it's multiple clicks.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Word 2007 and 2010? Still haven't figured it out. So every time I have to paste as unformatted text, it's multiple clicks.
Have you tried this?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 6:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Nice.

Of course, it's way easier in WordPerfect. Left-click, then paste-unformatted text

#annoyingbrokenrecord
Old Dec 8, 2012, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by alanh
Have you tried this?
I have. It doesn't seem to hold across a shutdown/restart of Word.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.