Need an easy to set up IP camera for baby monitor use

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need an easy to set up IP camera for baby monitor use

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Wow, great stuff; thank you all.

Pan, tilt, audio and so on aren't all that intersting for the kid. But I may try to get some of those features in case I want to dual purpose the camera and use it or monitoring the house while traveling. I've got a lot of readng to do! Thank folk!
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
I ended up buying a couple different cameras that were suggested here. I set up the dropcam, and don't intend to go any further. This thing may not be the best camera in the world but for what I need it for, it works. Moreover, out of the box setup was incredibly simple. Foscam could learn a thing or two from these folks. Piece of cake. Thanks for all of the help folks.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
yes

Originally Posted by dingo
I ended up buying a couple different cameras that were suggested here. I set up the dropcam, and don't intend to go any further. This thing may not be the best camera in the world but for what I need it for, it works. Moreover, out of the box setup was incredibly simple. Foscam could learn a thing or two from these folks. Piece of cake. Thanks for all of the help folks.
yes, this is the 2nd version of their product. Not only now HD and IR, but they did work a lot on the KISS intall process.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: magsetleVE
I was actually in the same boat as dingo, and was going to go with a foscam, but after reading this thread I'm planning on picking up a dropcam for the baby room when the little one arrives in a few months. Thanks FT! (insert sitcom thumbs up and cheesy grin here)
Old Jul 24, 2012, 2:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
The FI8910W Foscam with IR, Pan and Tilt is on sale at Daily Steals today for $75 plus $5 shipping

http://www.dailysteals.com/?
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:01 pm

Programs: United, American, Southwest, USAirways, Delta
Originally Posted by cordelli
The FI8910W Foscam with IR, Pan and Tilt is on sale at Daily Steals today for $75 plus $5 shipping

http://www.dailysteals.com/?
Reviews on Google are decidedly mixed. In general it seems that the installation is not foolproof - the product development team took the easy way out and forces you to reboot your PC multiple times, connect and disconnect a cable, etc.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 3:49 pm

Looking at something like this too. I think you need two solutions: 1) cheap std audio monitor. 2) Logitech security or similar WIFI cam + phone app.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.