Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Technology
Reload this Page >

Checking a laptop in baggage - still a big no no?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Checking a laptop in baggage - still a big no no?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2011, 11:39 pm

I see that a security employee was just caught stealing an IPAD from checked baggage and trying to hide it down his trousers.

The article also mentions the thief previously stealing and then selling over $50,000 USD worth of computers, GPS, and other valuables also taken from checked passenger baggage. Photos were taken, uploaded, and many of the items sold online BEFORE HE COMPLETED HIS SHIFT !

Additionally, the thief made his bail of $ 4,000 USD (no doubt from the stolen proceeds of his theft sales) to end his stay in custody. Being a US Federal employee, what happened to the famous Levenworth Prison ? Hardly an example of justice for the passengers that were his victims, is it.

Still think it's a good idea to carry valuables and electronics as check-through luggage ?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Swissaire

Still think it's a good idea to carry valuables and electronics as check-through luggage ?
Still works fine for us. Laptop stil lworking fine after about 10 checked long flights.

A million cars a day get stolen globally, but I still choose to drive one. Call me reckless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.