Community
Wiki Posts
Search

verizon doesn't have sim cards

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 6:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally Posted by juelzkellz
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I paid retail for my 9650 Verizon gave me the unlock codes and walked me through unlocking today. No problems.
So you paid the full price or the subsidized price for your phone?
Full.
Old May 25, 2011, 8:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
T-Mobile has a GSM network, I think AT&T does too but their phones are nigh on impossible to unlock.
AT&T is GSM also, and unless you have an iPhone they will happily unlock it for you if your account is in good standing.
Old May 25, 2011, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Yes she is right, the USA really went its own way with cellphones didn't it? The only country in the world to give mobile phones geographic numbers and the rest of the world uses GSM
Haven't been to Japan or Korea, I assume...
Old May 27, 2011, 2:39 pm

Yes she is right, the USA really went its own way with cellphones didn't it? The only country in the world to give mobile phones geographic numbers and the rest of the world uses GSM

T-Mobile has a GSM network, I think AT&T does too but their phones are nigh on impossible to unlock.

I don't know what the situation is in NZ but I'd be inclined to buy a cheapy unlocked GSM phone from ebay then just buy the chip in NZ
Be careful of what you speak if you don't know for sure. Beside the USA, Canada and other countries in world zone 1 use geographic numbers for mobile service. Both T-Mobile and AT&T do unlock most of their phones if you've been a subscriber for the requisite amount of time. They do not unlock iPhones.
Old May 27, 2011, 3:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member

Originally Posted by weekilter

I don't know what the situation is in NZ but I'd be inclined to buy a cheapy unlocked GSM phone from ebay then just buy the chip in NZ
Be careful of what you speak if you don't know for sure. Beside the USA, Canada and other countries in world zone 1 use geographic numbers for mobile service. Both T-Mobile and AT&T do unlock most of their phones if you've been a subscriber for the requisite amount of time. They do not unlock iPhones.
And about half the cell phones in the US are GSM based.
Old May 29, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Yes she is right, the USA really went its own way with cellphones didn't it?
I have a Telus Mobility CDMA phone here in Canada. It also roams onto the Bell network in Canada and onto the Verizon network in the USA.

For numerous different reasons, CDMA made a lot of sense in North America back in the day...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.