Considering getting noise cancelling headphones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Considering getting noise cancelling headphones

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2011, 11:21 pm

make sure they work with dead batteries

I considered getting BOSE noise canceling but read that they won't work as normal headphones if the battery dies...this was a deal breaker for me. Not sure if that's changed in the last 4 years.

I got some closeout ones from Sharper Image some time ago...they worked ok but now I just use higher end sony earbuds (that plug my ear well w/o having to shove in the ear canal) and it is good enough for me. Plus no bulky case to carry around.

-AK
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, No other status for now..
+1 on getting in-ear noise isolating headphones instead of active noise canceling. The Bose QC series are pretty good, but I'd prefer a good pair of IEMs from Ultimate Ears, Klipsch, etc. The Ultimate Ears 700 are TINY, sound really good, and isolate a lot of sound. If you use the included comply foam tips, it's basically the same as putting a foam earplug in your ear, except it plays music with extremely high quality. I'd recommend those over the Triple.fi 10's, since the TF10's don't fit as comfortably on me (I have both) although they both isolate noise really well.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:28 am

I had a SENNHEISER PXC-250 / PXC250 and I didnīt enjoy much. The source batteries were stored in a low quality plastic case...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
My thoughts on noise cancelling headphones is that the Bose and other on-ear sets are just to bloody big to lug around everywhere. If you do a lot of international flying in premium cabins and don't mind wearing headphones that have been worn by others, lugging one's own headset around really is unnecessary.

I switched to passive noise reducing earbuds a few years ago and have been very pleased with the results. Their effectiveness is a consequence of how good a seal they create when sitting in your lug hole. The only issue is that you have to keep a spare set of the correct sized spacers in case the existing ones get lost or fall onto a dirty floor. I don't think I've spent more than $30 or $40 on any of these in-ear sets, on the premise that in the history of humankind there has never been a pair of earpieces that have been worth more than that.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:04 am

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but does anyone still have a QC-1 or a QC-2?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.