Old Jan 5, 2011, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA former 1K MM
Transfer All Your Records To MP3 Files

USB Turntable for $30:
http://mobile.dailysteals.com/?utm_s...m_medium=email
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:11 pm
Suspended

That's great, transfer your natural sounding vinyl music collection via a really cheap turntable to digital so that they can be compressed and lose a massive amount of audio fidelity.

Unless someone is paying you to do that, stay clear. There's a reason why some things are $30. Keep your vinyl for as long as you can. It sounds better than CD and worlds better than anything like MP3 with lossy compression.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by new2japan
That's great, transfer your natural sounding vinyl music collection via a really cheap turntable to digital so that they can be compressed and lose a massive amount of audio fidelity.

Unless someone is paying you to do that, stay clear. There's a reason why some things are $30. Keep your vinyl for as long as you can. It sounds better than CD and worlds better than anything like MP3 with lossy compression.
Yeah, but it's really hard to play vinyl in my car, or on the plane.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/S273) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by deubster

Yeah, but it's really hard to play vinyl in my car, or on the plane.
I thought every Volkswagen bus has a built in turntable.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: AGR,CO,PC,AA
You would do better just torrenting copies of the LPs. I don't see any ethical problems with just torrenting the LPs you already own and keeping a decent digital copy.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who can't hear any difference among the three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.