Wiki Posts
Search

iTunes hates me

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2010, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ADL, ACLU, NRA, HRC, NCLR, WBCA
iTunes hates me

Feh. I can't buy anything from iTunes on my computer. I keep getting a "your card was declined" message, even if I try using Paypal, or another card. My wife can use the same card to buy from her iTunes on her computer. I am able to buy things from my iPod touch using any card or Paypal, same iTunes account..... I called my credit union and the card is fine, they show a bunch of $1 authorizations where iTunes verified the info, and no declines (meaning that it is likely an iTunes problem not a card problem). I also just used the card to buy lunch.

Windows XP SP2, iTunes 9.1.1.12 (updated this morning)

I see from the googles that other people have had this problem, but I can't seem to find out how they fixed it. Yes, I emailed iTunes support, but I don't really hold out much hope for help.

So.... ideas?
Old May 11, 2010, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, their help department is quite good - expect an answer in a day or so.

Weird problem though - but you are right, you are not the only one dealing with this.
Old May 11, 2010, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by swei0009
Feh. I can't buy anything from iTunes on my computer. I keep getting a "your card was declined" message, even if I try using Paypal, or another card. My wife can use the same card to buy from her iTunes on her computer. I am able to buy things from my iPod touch using any card or Paypal, same iTunes account..... I called my credit union and the card is fine, they show a bunch of $1 authorizations where iTunes verified the info, and no declines (meaning that it is likely an iTunes problem not a card problem). I also just used the card to buy lunch.

Windows XP SP2, iTunes 9.1.1.12 (updated this morning)

I see from the googles that other people have had this problem, but I can't seem to find out how they fixed it. Yes, I emailed iTunes support, but I don't really hold out much hope for help.

So.... ideas?

I don't think iTunes likes the same CC on different accounts.
Old May 11, 2010, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by planemechanic
+1

I've had the same problem with FriendlySkies-mom with her iTunes account. If we have the same card, I will usually have one kick back the card and ask us to re-enter, or use a different card...
Old May 11, 2010, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by planemechanic
It's the same account at the bank but we have different card numbers. So that's not it. Plus I am able to use my iTunes store account from my iPod, just not from my computer. So it really isn't a card issue.

Response from Apple:

Apple is currently working toward a resolution for the issue you have reported. You will receive an email after the matter has been investigated and further information is available.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
I have been getting this error randomly over the last week or so on my US-based account (note: I am using a Spanish credit card with a US-based address that just a-hem happens to share a postal code with my actual billing address in Spain, so there's all sorts of room for problems). Trying again a couple hours later has worked fine.

I have another account that's just funded with US gift cards from eBay, which also works, but was giving me a similar error last week.
Old May 13, 2010, 11:27 pm
rlb

Programs: Alaska Airlines
I hate all those $1.00 charges on my card- So, I just buy a $25.00 itune gift card- enter it- get a credit- and when it is gone- I buy another one- it works for me- and they don't have my credit card number- just a thought
Old May 14, 2010, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN Platinum
iHate iTooones!!!!
Old May 14, 2010, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Are you running the latest version of iTunes?
Old May 14, 2010, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EdatLAX
Are you running the latest version of iTunes?
Yep. Downloaded whatever is current in an effort to fix the problem.

Just checked, still happening :-( I grabbed a couple analog iTunes gift cards at the grocery store. At least I can buy apps from my iPod.
Old May 15, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: Chick-Fil-A Red, Wawa, Red Cross blood donor
Originally Posted by swei0009
Yep. Downloaded whatever is current in an effort to fix the problem.
Careful. iTunes 9.x.x was a bit of a disaster for me (and apparently alot of people if you do a search). I couldn't access the iTunes store at all. I had to delete and reinstall 8.2.0.23 (still had the setup file on my laptop so that made things easier).
Old May 15, 2010, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

I have several old setup files.... any idea what is the earliest version that supports the iPod touch?
Old May 16, 2010, 5:16 am

Programs: Delta, GM; HHonors, Gold
Originally Posted by rlb
I hate all those $1.00 charges on my card- So, I just buy a $25.00 itune gift card- enter it- get a credit- and when it is gone- I buy another one- it works for me- and they don't have my credit card number- just a thought
Great idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.