Recommendations for noise canceling headphones

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommendations for noise canceling headphones

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2010, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
The QC15 are great, can only recommend them to all of you.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA Now dirt, BA Silver soon dirt EX NW IGE. EX BA Gold EX AA EXP x9. SQ Gold
Originally Posted by mapu
The QC15 are great, can only recommend them to all of you.
I agree, the QC15 are much better than the QC2's and better for airline use than any I have tried, including several Sennheisers. I do not use the QC 15's at home. I use a pair of Audio Technicas that are far superior for music AT HOME.

That said, Qc15's are very expensive at $300. For non airline use or occational use they may not be the best value. I do use the QC-15's for travel, in hotels, in the airline terminals and lounges with my i pod to drown out the mayhem.
If you fly a lot or ride trains a lot they are unbeatable.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, MP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gfunkdave
I have the Audio Technica ANC7's, which cost about a third of what the Bose ones do and do about 90% of the job. I like them quite a lot.
I could not agree more....I own both Bose and Audio Technica and the difference in audio quality between the two are barely noticeable. The only noticeable difference b/t the two is the amount of audio leakage is higher in the Technica's. But for the price difference, I recommend the ATs all the way!!!^
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Disclaimer:I work for them.

I have liked the BH905s from Nokia. They have good performance, and also Bluetooth connection as well as a wire, also like the fact they still work as headphones even if the battery is flat.

has anyone else tried them?
Old Oct 3, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM; IHG Spire; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold (UA); National Executive Elite
My problem with my current over-the-ear headphones is that they are, well, over the ear. I can't rest my head/sleep without the damn things getting in the way.

Is ear-bud the only solution or are the on-the-ear okay?
Old May 27, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA 2P, US, B6, CO
An update for anyone finding this thread in 2014, like me.

My trusty QC2's pads finally started deteriorating recently, and I came upon this thread while researching my options. Turns out, Bose still has the QC2 to QC15 trade-in program. However, the cost right now is $129. :-/ Those of you who took advantage earlier got quite a deal! I still took advantage of the upgrade, which I rationalized to myself partially by the fact that my QC2s were 7 years old, and because the QC15s come with the iPhone cable. So far, I'm happy with the 15's. I haven't used them much yet, but they seem to be far cleaner than the QC2's. And though the trade-in cost $129, I at least bought it at the Bose outlet store in Rehoboth, DE, so it was tax-free.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the thread thus far, I really appreciated it!
Old May 29, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Has anyone been able to trade in a broken QC1/Qc2/Qc3 for a pair of the QC20i?
Old May 29, 2014, 7:52 pm

I personally find that over the ear makes you look a bit silly, messes up one's hair (depending on style) and takes up precious carry-on real estate.

My advice is to acquire high quality in-ear phones like Shure, which will isolate most of the noise, keep you looking sharp and not take up too much space.

Pair them up with a JDS portable headphone amp (I like the Altoids one below) and you have all the horsepower you need.

http://www.jdslabs.com/products/1/cm...one-amplifier/

My latest set-up and favorite to date.
Old May 31, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: *G, M+ Platinum
The QC20i have unbelievable noise reduction. If I could get custom ear molds like I had for my Etymotics, they may be the ideal noise suppression solution.

Sound quality, like all Bose product, is OK. Not great, but not bad.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 11:26 am

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Hertz 5-Star
The best part about the Bose QC15 is how thin they are once they fold up. When I travel on business, I have a small messenger bag and a roller, so big bulky headphones don't work.

Edit: And, the noise canceling is great. Audio is pretty good, but there are definitely better ones out there. But for business travel, the QC15 is the total package IMHO.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Has anyone been able to trade in a broken QC1/Qc2/Qc3 for a pair of the QC20i?
I was told you can only trade in your broken product for a like-for-like replacement. i.e. an over-the-ear for an over-the-ear. Today I traded in my very old and broken QC1 for a QC15 for £109! This was a 'service replacement' version. I could have got retail version for £175. I think I may have been able to get QC3 retail also (but not service edition). This was in the Bose store in Westfield London (Shephards Bush).

I think the only difference between retail/service is 2yr warranty vs 1yr, no AAA battery (!), and no carry case (£20 at amazon).

I was told over the phone at Bose Tech Support it was £155 replacement - not sure which version that was.

hth

john

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.