Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AT&T Tops 3G Wireless Performance Study

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:50 am
Original Poster

AT&T Tops 3G Wireless Performance Study

Last year we had a great time here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ce-survey.html

I just read the following: http://www.pcworld.com/article/18959...ance_test.html

Do yu live in one of the lucky areas?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by dtsm

Do you live in one of the lucky areas?
Yep, the suburbs of Chicago!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wolf539
Yep, the suburbs of Chicago!
Can you hear me?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
My AT&T is very slow. Also anyone noticed you can only one connection(application) at once?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:26 pm

Programs: American Airlines British Airways
How nice. So what?
Old Feb 23, 2010, 3:36 pm

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by UpgradedFirst
My AT&T is very slow. Also anyone noticed you can only one connection(application) at once?
is ATT ever fast? i think i get the same speed with 3G then i get with EDGE. Yeah i also noticed you can only use on connection. Thats the reason Iam going to verizon when my contract runs out.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 4:17 pm

Same here...NW surburbs of Chicago. And it works quite well. I am actually using it right now on the train as I head home, tethered to my netbook. No problems at all, even when downtown in the office.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
The second part certainly isn't true. That sounds more like an issue with the device that you're connecting to the AT&T network with.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Also anyone noticed you can only one connection(application) at once?
With AT&T I can be talking on the phone, downloading a podcast on my phone, using Google Talk, and tethering my phone to my laptop for a data connection all at the same time. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited to add: Unless you're talking about the mePhone. They have that stupid no-third-party-background-apps policy - but that is Apple's doing.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 7:14 am

Programs: *A, Hertz Plt, IC RA, SPG Gold, MR Plt
Originally Posted by elCheapoDeluxe
With AT&T I can be talking on the phone, downloading a podcast on my phone, using Google Talk, and tethering my phone to my laptop for a data connection all at the same time. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited to add: Unless you're talking about the mePhone. They have that stupid no-third-party-background-apps policy - but that is Apple's doing.
I am using a Nokia N95. Everytime I attempt using second application, ATT requests me to disconnect from network since one of the applications is active already.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage
I don't live in one of the areas (DFW), but it's worked in DFW everywhere since I've had it (Christmas).

However, I gotta say, New Orleans? My service was absolute garbage there. Of course, I'm sure they didn't do their testing in the Quarter during Mardi Gras...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.