Search

Any experience with onesimcard.com?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2009, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Any experience with onesimcard.com?

It is a US company that is a potential replacement for United Mobile and other international SIMs. I did a search here and didnt find much on them. Just curious is anyone had any experience with them, positive or negative. They are offering a free SIM with $10 credit for your UM SIM. I was thinking of giving it a try, but after getting burned on two UM SIMs with a chunk of credit on each I am a bit reluctant. Thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 8:02 pm

Programs: CO PLT, AA PLT, SPG Gold, Fairmont Premier, Avis First
I have had them for about 9 months now and have had pretty positive experiences. The only hiccup was getting them to ship to my corporate apartment since none of my credit cards used that address as the billing address. The big draw for me was the US number, although there is a surcharge when someone calls you on it. I have used onesimcard in Hong Kong, China, Qatar and the UAE without any issues.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 11:35 pm

how seamless?

One of my close relatives will be transiting through Qatar next month.

Does the onesimcard work seamlessly in Qatar?

will it pick the right network without any menu level action by the end user?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by sanchari
One of my close relatives will be transiting through Qatar next month.

Does the onesimcard work seamlessly in Qatar?

will it pick the right network without any menu level action by the end user?

Thanks in advance
Even though we are reviving this thread I will do my best to help you out!
I used to sell onesim from my company. From what I recall just make sure you use a decent phone. For instance, if you used a Blackberry 8800 from Verizon you had to go through extra steps such as texting a number in order to use. I have personally used it and it's great. The rates are reasonable in my opinion. It does pick the right network depending where you are. There should be no menu level action by the end user. I wish I could answer your question about Qatar but seeing how I did not have a customer let me know how it worked there nor have I been there to test it out I can not give you a definitive answer. You're best bet is to contact their customer support which they normally respond within 24 hours, sometimes 48.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by QSYH
Even though we are reviving this thread I will do my best to help you out!
I used to sell onesim from my company....
Re-reviving this thread with a question about OneSimCard: Does the card / account expire after awhile if it's not used? I might need it only once a year or so.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 7:15 am

Yes. My balance expired after 10 months. It has to be recharged every 10 months. If not,the balance will expire. The phone number will be active and only be canceled if not used within 2 years.

From their website -

Expiration

The international SIM card phone number and account will expire if no calls are made for 2 years.

Personal Extra Numbers will stay active as long as they have been funded properly.

The SIM card balance is valid for 10 months. The balance will continuously roll over to the next 10 month period provided that at least $25 is added within 10 months after the last recharge.

If the balance expires, the service can still be used after a new recharge of the SIM card.

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Re-reviving this thread with a question about OneSimCard: Does the card / account expire after awhile if it's not used? I might need it only once a year or so.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Originally Posted by mrcamp
Yes. My balance expired after 10 months. It has to be recharged every 10 months. If not,the balance will expire. The phone number will be active and only be canceled if not used within 2 years.
Thank you, mrcamp!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.