[archived] Favorite android application

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[archived] Favorite android application

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:57 pm

RippleAway - Social Trip Planner/Organizer

I've been working on a travel app and I'd love to get your feedback.

It's called "RippleAway" - Social Trip Planner/Organizer and is on both Android and iPhone (and Free).

I wanted a way to share trip itineraries, flight status, check-ins, and locations intimately & privately with close friends and family. You can instantly update and connect with your loved ones via email, sms, or cross-platform push notification.

www.rippleaway.com

Look forward to your feedback.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by alanseong
Look forward to your feedback.
Why have you region blocked it?

This app is incompatible with all of your devices.
Vodafone Samsung Galaxy Nexus
This item cannot be installed in your device's country.
HTC Nexus One
Samsung Nexus S
Old Sep 15, 2012, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by zkzkz
Why have you region blocked it?
Hi zkzkz, thanks for the feedback. I initially launched in countries where English is an official language as I didn't have time to translate it into other languages yet.

But I just opened it up to all other regions (might take a little time for app stores to update but let me know if you still have an issue).

Also not to hijack this thread, I created another post to receive your feedback
Here.

Thanks guys!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Former AA PLT/GLD, A3 *G, Priority Pass
Look what my Galaxy Nexus and Latitude has done!!!!

Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:44 am

The Play store has a selection of apps on sale for 25, including OfficeSuite Pro (normally $15).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 10:20 am
Suspended

VOX Mobile VoIP Android App launches Prepaid "Pay And Go" Subscription-free Calling Plan, Offering Calls Anywhere In The World With Top-up Amounts As Low As $1. Wi-Fi 3G/4G https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=net.voxcorp

Use promo code: TWPAYGO
Old Sep 30, 2012, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Wifi Tethering, and music player

I recently got a Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3, I read already about the tethering options, fox fi, etc, but somehow they do not seem to work,have mixed reviews or are not available for Sprint. Is there something out there for my phone and service that does not require rooting it?

Also, what other optiosn out there where I can load my cds and then lsiten too through my phone. Long ago I got in the habit of entering all of my cds on a separate hard drive and listen through my computer, is there a way I cna do this for my phone?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by arollins
I recently got a Sprint Samsung Galaxy 3, I read already about the tethering options, fox fi, etc, but somehow they do not seem to work,have mixed reviews or are not available for Sprint. Is there something out there for my phone and service that does not require rooting it?

Also, what other optiosn out there where I can load my cds and then lsiten too through my phone. Long ago I got in the habit of entering all of my cds on a separate hard drive and listen through my computer, is there a way I cna do this for my phone?
I've had my Galaxy S3 (Verizon) about 10 days, and have played with FoxFi and encountered no problems. It's a lot easier than the tethering app I had on my old rooted Moto Droid 1 (A855), and doesn't require rooting. Maybe you can tell us what problems or errors you're encountering.

Also, I have about 10 Gb of mp3's on my S3, somewhere around a 100 full albums. I used the USB cable to load them from computer to phone. I created my own folder called "Music" (really, names are unimportant), with sub-folders for artists then albums under those. The native Android music player had no trouble with the file structure I created and found everything. I'm still getting used to the player, which is OK but not great. At least it allows me to access the tracks by Artist, Album, or Song, and I can make playlists. With my bluetooth headset, music stops with incoming calls and starts again when the call is finished.

BTW, I have waaaaay more storage than I expect I'll ever use. My old Droid had 256 Mb memory and a 16 Gb micro-SD chip. The RAM was used up with apps, so I had to remove apps to load new ones, and the SD chip had about 10 GB of music plus over 100 Kindle and other ebooks plus pictures and documents leaving only a Gb or so free. When I looked at the specs on the Galaxy S 3, I saw 2 GB RAM (Verizon version) plus 16, 32, or 64 GB "storage", which I assumed was a micro-SD like my Droid. I wanted more than I had on my Droid, so I asked for 32 GB (they had no 64 GB ones). Imagine my surprise when the clerk at the Verizon store took the 16 GB SD card from my Droid and put it in the internal SD slot of the S3. I asked her where the 32 GB card was, and she said it was internal memory. So I have the 32 GB plus my 16 GB micro-SD card. After moving all my music and books to the internal card and loading up every app I can find that I think will be useful (a measly 678 Mb, but that's nearly 3x what I could put on my Droid), I have about 15 Gb free on the internal memory, plus an empty 16 Gb SD card.

I'm thinking of buying a faster 32 Gb micro-SD card (cat. 10 ones are under $30), using it as an internal backup to the built-in RAM, filling my old 16 Gb card with music and giving it to a grandson as a music and game player (he enjoys angry birds and bad piggies). I need to find a way to eliminate the possibility of his using it as a cell, however. Currently it's in airplane mode, and I've been warned to keep it there. Anyone know how to disable the cell radio? Not worried about ruining the phone, as it has a resale value of only a few dollars.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
Originally Posted by alanh
The Play store has a selection of apps on sale for 25, including OfficeSuite Pro (normally $15).
I saw OfficeSuite Pro listed the other day, but didn't get around to installing it before a new set of on-sale apps was posted. Most everything are games, but I've picked up a number of good utilities. ^

Originally Posted by deubster
I need to find a way to eliminate the possibility of his using it as a cell, however. Currently it's in airplane mode, and I've been warned to keep it there. Anyone know how to disable the cell radio? Not worried about ruining the phone, as it has a resale value of only a few dollars.
There's a thread on this here, you might try the test code that was posted.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 1:11 pm

There's a thread on this here, you might try the test code that was posted.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Looks interesting.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:01 pm

Just FYI, there's a malware attack going around for GSM Android phones. It's a website that tries to get you to dial a "phone number" that's actually a USSD code. This is those special numbers like *#06# (which shows the IMEI). That's harmless, but depending on the model there are other codes that can wipe the device or lock out the SIM (by repeatedly using a bad PUK).

Although this page just talks about Samsung (which is the only one with the wipe device code), it appears other manufacturers are vulnerable to the PUK lockout.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by arollins
I just load the CDs into iTunes on my home desktop, and then use Google Music to upload them to Google's cloud. You can store up to 20,000 tracks for free. Music you purchase in the Google Play store also appears automatically, and it can upload non-copy protected iTunes or MP3s. You can play them either by going to the web site in any browser, or via the Google Music app. The app allows you to "pin" playlists for listening when you're offline.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Thanks

Much thanks to alanh & deubster, appreciate your help. I'm not that tech savvy when it comes to this sort of things, at the same time I want to maximize my phone usage.
As for Foxfi, I manage to download it, but I keep getting an error message saying that it is not supported by my carrier, hence why I posted, trying to see if others have had similar issues and how they solved it.
Overall I'm very happy with this phone, though it certainly has many features to learn.
Old Oct 3, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
My two year old Samsung Epic 4G is now out of contract. I get a very good deal with Sprint and aim to keep it...and the phone. I still love the hard keyboard.

So I was too scared before to brick my phone, but I've now rooted, wiped and installed Cyanogenmod 9. All I can say it it's like having a new phone. I've just barely had time to explore it or set it up completely, but so far am loving it.

All of the above was much, much easier to do than I thought it would be, but I'm also fairly technologically proficient. I'm upset I did not do this before. The big thing for me was deleting the multitude of Sprint pre-installed apps. The big deal I have yet to sort out is visual voicemail. IT doesn't exist on Cyanogenmod, but I've briefly read reports that the Sprint VVM app can be found and installed. Looking forward to playing with my "new" phone more!!
Old Oct 3, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Originally Posted by tkey75
The big deal I have yet to sort out is visual voicemail. IT doesn't exist on Cyanogenmod, but I've briefly read reports that the Sprint VVM app can be found and installed. Looking forward to playing with my "new" phone more!!
Google Voice. It's awesome.

Simply set up a Google Voice account, download the app, and set your voicemail to Google Voice on your phone. With ICS and above it integrates right into your dialer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.