Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Travelpro Elite Rollaboard OK for Europe/Far East Carry-On?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2024, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: None

My wife and I have done a lot of traveling. We have checked a lot of bags. We had some bad experiences a couple of years ago. Air France literally stole her large checked bag and refused to even look for it. Miraculously, it appeared months later, destroyed, with around $500 worth of things missing. Air France and Heymondo, our crooked insurer, refused to pay.

We are planning to fly Delta fom the US to Greece, coming back from Zurich. During the trip, we plan to fly Aegean or some similar airline from Athens to Switzerland. I have always flown with a huge old Tumi bag, but I am interested in downsizing to a carry-on, primarily to prevent airline employees and insurers from stealing from us again and ruining a trip.

I see a lot of conflicting information on carry-on sizes. Evidently, the airlines, in their genius, have different size requirements. I was considering a Travelpro Elite rollaboard (2 wheels for more storage) at 23" x 14.5" x 9". Can anyone here tell me if this is a safe buy for someone who will travel in Europe and the Far East in the future? I don't want to give up my Tumi's endless room and then find out I have to check my new small bag.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:19 pm

Programs: HHonors / UA M+ / TK M&S Elite
I'd probably use the carry on weight limits of your most restrictive airline to filter and drive this decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.