Wiki Posts
Search

Where to buy large (60"-63" linear,) 2 wheel luggage

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond
Where to buy large (60"-63" linear,) 2 wheel luggage

When I travel I use bags with just two wheels. Bags with four wheels don't work for me; they take extra space and are useless on rough surfaces. Unfortunately, four wheel bags have taken over the industry and I have not been able to buy a large, two wheel suitcase in a store for several years. Does anyone know where I can buy a large, two wheel bag? I need rigid sides and so a two wheel duffel will not work.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
Eagle Creek has a 30" 2 wheel option. Not sure of quality with new ownership - I haven't bought since the 2021 sale. Briggs & Riley has as 26" 2 wheel. Travelpro has a couple 26" 2 wheel.

In general, I don't see many 30" options at all (online in the US) - that is just larger than is common at all here now. But, as someone who won't buy 4 wheel spinners, I feel your pain! It is more difficult to find now (though, I feel it's easier now than it was ~10 years ago)
mtdog likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Eagle Creek Gear Warrior 30" might be a good choice

Thanks those were good suggestions. I'm looking into the Eagle Creek Gear Warrior 30" ($489) and it would appear to have all the features I need, (ie. Large, Two Wheels, and Rigid Frame.) The Briggs & Riley offering is a bit over the top with a mechanical expanding feature that is not necessary and a very high price. Eagle Creek also offers a 15% discount for signing up for advertising emails. If I order the Eagle Creek Gear Warrior 30" suitcase I will review it on this thread.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
The majority of my luggage (and my husband's) is Eagle Creek. Many of the pieces we've owned & used > 20 years. I love it. I hope the new brand is as good as the old old brand!
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

The Eagle Creek Gear Warrior 30" ($489) arrived and I was disappointed. I was assured that it was "more than a duffel" but in reality it is a duffel. I need a frame so I can carry coolers, boxes, backpacks on top of the suitcase. I will say that it looks like a very well made duffel with really good wheels but in the end it is still a duffel. Now days, it seems that everyone's business model is to copy everyone else's business model. Where is that company that offers something that no one else offers?
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:28 am

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by mtdog
The Eagle Creek Gear Warrior 30" ($489) arrived and I was disappointed. I was assured that it was "more than a duffel" but in reality it is a duffel. I need a frame so I can carry coolers, boxes, backpacks on top of the suitcase. I will say that it looks like a very well made duffel with really good wheels but in the end it is still a duffel. Now days, it seems that everyone's business model is to copy everyone else's business model. Where is that company that offers something that no one else offers?
I use a Pelican AIR as a large two-wheel roller.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
The best protective luggage in my opinion is Pelican. I have a couple different types.

For checked baggage I use the 1615 Air Travel version with pockets/etc that ranges in price of about $300-$600 depending on if you buy it with add ons or buy it empty. I mainly purchased it for cruise ship travel. Or where I need extra protection and waterproofness.

https://www.pelican.com/us/en/produc...e/air/1615trvl

You can buy the Pelican 1650 (for checked luggage) which is identical to the "1615 Air" version, but it's heavier and doesn't include the travel pack but you can outfit it any way you like.
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/produc...protector/1650

For carry-on I have the original Pelican:
https://www.pelican.com/us/en/produc...-case/air/1535

All of these are sold on Amazon or even a site called "Color Case" that uses your Amazon Payments to make the purchase. Check each site, because you may not be charged for shipping/tax depending on where you live.
https://www.colorcase.com/

Edit: Remover a link and added the correct one

Last edited by Global Adventurer; Apr 22, 2024 at 8:55 am
Old Apr 23, 2024, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Pelican Air is a clever solution to my problem. I think the 1615 Air Case is a better solution for me because according to the specs, the one that you prefer for cruises is an inch or two over the airline limit. But, that is what really impressed me about Pelican Air. They started with the airline maximum linear inches, 62", and designed the 1615 Air Case around those requirements. In the suitcase industry it is almost an accident when this happens. This will be the next suitcase that I test. Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.