Wiki Posts
Search

Attachment for single pole telescopic handle to allow 2nd bag on top

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2024, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
Attachment for single pole telescopic handle to allow 2nd bag on top

Not sure if I phrased that correctly, but wondering if anyone here has seen an attachment you can put on a single pole telescopic handle of a rolling bag - that does not have enough surface on top to keep a second bag placed on top stable - that would keep the top bag stable? i.e. the attachment might clamp to the pole and be a flat surface or have 2 brackets that go under the top bag to help keep a bag with a pass through resting on top and staying in place.

My carry-on is an Eco Style Tech Exec Rolling Backpack (https://ecostylecases.com/products/t...lling-backpack) and it works perfectly for me. Holds tons of stuff, can go under the seat if needed, and can wear as a backpack when I have my large suitcase. But I also travel with a cpap machine that is either in its own case, or sometimes in a Briggs and Riley weekender bag. Both have pass throughs, and I use those to rest on top of my checked bag. But they flop all over the place if I pass them through and try to ride them on the Eco Style, since its top is not as large and flat as a regular carry-on. For now just carry them over the shoulder but would really prefer to have them ride on top like they would if I had a regular two-pole handle, rectangle top carry-on type bag.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum. AA and UA as well, but I don't care about them anymore.
Originally Posted by dbuckho
For now just carry them over the shoulder but would really prefer to have them ride on top like they would if I had a regular two-pole handle, rectangle top carry-on type bag.
When I have two carryons like that I'll often just sling one on my shoulder or back and hook the other to toe check bag.

for your case, your best bet is a luggage hook (there are a lot of them on amazon) to hang the one (or both) bags and that will have them resting against your checked bag for stability. That would be a lot easier and faster than trying to sort out some manner of bracket.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
I am talking about when I do not have my checked bag - i.e. after security or coming off the plane. That said I do have a hook - will try that - but think I will have the same issue with the hooked bag not staying put since the Eco rolling backpack is not square like a regular carry-on. But it may hang low enough to get to the flatter part of the bag.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by dbuckho
I am talking about when I do not have my checked bag - i.e. after security or coming off the plane. That said I do have a hook - will try that - but think I will have the same issue with the hooked bag not staying put since the Eco rolling backpack is not square like a regular carry-on. But it may hang low enough to get to the flatter part of the bag.
A bag bungee. Like this:
Amazon Amazon
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:03 pm

Use a locking strap to hang the CPAP from the handle of the briefcase to lay against the bag. Use 2 if a single strap moves to the side.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
I've found you have to be careful with the weight in the smaller bag if your rollaboard only has two wheels and you usually pull it at an angle. With four wheel bags, the weight of the top bag is directly vertical, it's not on the rollaboard handle. I've injured a couple single handles by putting too much weight in the top bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.