Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dual Passport Wallet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2023, 10:26 pm
Original Poster

Dual Passport Wallet

I’ve just acquired a second citizenship and will shortly have a second passport.

I’m looking for something to keep two passports in when I travel. I’ve had a Bellroy travel wallet for years and I’m considering the Bellroy Travel folio, but keen to hear any other suggestions.

requirements:

2 passports
card slots
space for assorted currency notes and receipts
pen slot is always useful.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Just a thought, if you're not using both passports at the same time i wouldn't recommend keeping them together along with a bunch of credit cards. It's best to keep important articles like that separate in the event of a theft or simply losing it especially while traveling.
Loren Pechtel and BigFlyer like this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 10:18 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oldfolky
I’ve just acquired a second citizenship and will shortly have a second passport.

I’m looking for something to keep two passports in when I travel. I’ve had a Bellroy travel wallet for years and I’m considering the Bellroy Travel folio, but keen to hear any other suggestions.

requirements:

2 passports
card slots
space for assorted currency notes and receipts
pen slot is always useful.
Three or four sealable 1-liter plastic bags. Each passport inside its own plastic bag, and both plastic bags placed inside a plastic bag. Cheap and see-thru.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I carry two passports in the rarest of occasions and even then it's for ridiculous reasons - like the latest trip, when I used one to enter Qatar (must have 6 months validity on the passport) but used the other one (with closer expiry) to enter Kazakhstan, just to have a Kazakh entry stamp in the older passport. Could have used the first passport for both countries.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

A very FT set of responses. Three responses telling me I’m doing it wrong and none answering the question.

luv ya, guys.
cafeamsterdam likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2023, 3:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by oldfolky
A very FT set of responses. Three responses telling me I’m doing it wrong and none answering the question.

luv ya, guys.
I believe this is so because many travelers are experienced to know there's better ways to skin the cat, so to speak👍 As for me, putting EVERYTHING (very important documents etc) in one compartment isn't even anything I would ever do no matter where I travel. So, I can't give you any advice on the Bellroy travel folio you're interested in. Good luck.
Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I have the Bellboy Travel Folio (first edition). I would not hesitate to order another one.

It's a bit bulky so I wouldn't use it as a daily wallet, but I keep pretty much all my travel stuff together there now (travel CCs, Global Entry card, Passport, cash in various currencies, SIM card tool).

If one of your passports has extra pages, the passport pocket is a bit of a tight fit, but it should otherwise have no issues storing two regular passports.

I can see where the guidance to not store all important bits together might be relevant from a security perspective, but I also think for people who are forgetful or disorganized, having everything in one place is probably worth the risk, so to speak. Put an AirTag inside if you're really worried about losing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.