Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Briggs & Riley Baseline, INTERNATIONAL 21 (U121CXW-4)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Briggs & Riley Baseline, INTERNATIONAL 21 (U121CXW-4)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
One thing I notice on the new ones is the wheels appear to be the same size, front AND back.
I believe the new ones have "shock absorbers"....I dont know if I would like that or not...... need to try it out.

My 22" International 4 wheeler has been on maybe 25 Transatlantic Flights in the last 6 years and maybe 150 or more Intercon flights... it still looks awesome.

I did change the wheels on it recently and WOW.... it rolls on its own... soooo smooth.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by feysul
I believe the new ones have "shock absorbers"....I dont know if I would like that or not...... need to try it out.

My 22" International 4 wheeler has been on maybe 25 Transatlantic Flights in the last 6 years and maybe 150 or more Intercon flights... it still looks awesome.

I did change the wheels on it recently and WOW.... it rolls on its own... soooo smooth.
I didn't know about the shock absorbers. My Rimowa has some kind of shock absorbers too. But, for now I be using my Briggs & Rileys which are my go to luggage period.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by lynch.cr
I’ve had this bag for many years and love it. One thing to note for domestic US travel, the newer overhead bins where you are supposed to turn your carryon on its side to put more bags in the bin, 737-800 on American for instance, the bag doesn’t fit. It must be laid flat due to that extra inch. I still love the bag, I just don’t enjoy being “that guy” with the bag that doesn’t fit the way it supposed to.
I know this is an old thread, but I came here looking for this and figured I'd share...

It's not just domestic US travel that has this issue. I was on AeroMexico within Mexico last week, and both flights were on 737's. I had the same problem - not enough room to rotate it vertically.
Old May 28, 2023, 7:03 am

Thanks for the update Tim. Which exact model do you have? I like the international spinner more but if it’s going to be an issue w the domestic flights where they make the bag stand on its side, then I’m leaning towards the 22 inch domestic. I’m wondering if the international carry on that were retired in 2022 had this issue or it’s just the brand new ones (or both).
Old May 29, 2023, 7:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by Watchguy248
Thanks for the update Tim. Which exact model do you have? I like the international spinner more but if it’s going to be an issue w the domestic flights where they make the bag stand on its side, then I’m leaning towards the 22 inch domestic. I’m wondering if the international carry on that were retired in 2022 had this issue or it’s just the brand new ones (or both).
I'm curious which airlines "make" you stand the bag on it side? I've never flown an airline where that is mandatory, it has been suggested by the signage only. I take my B&R everywhere never had a problem except a small regional airplane going to Los Cabos and it wouldn't even fit in the overhead because it was only large enough for backpacks and tote bags.
Old May 29, 2023, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I'm curious which airlines "make" you stand the bag on it side? I've never flown an airline where that is mandatory, it has been suggested by the signage only. I take my B&R everywhere never had a problem except a small regional airplane going to Los Cabos and it wouldn't even fit in the overhead because it was only large enough for backpacks and tote bags.
AA repeated about 15-25 times on my flight from Dallas to NYC two weekends ago to make sure the bag stands on the side. I'm also worried putting the case in the bin and then forgetting about it and the flight attendant moving the bag on it's side (I've seen flight attendants do that on different occasions). And then before the gate closes, the bin might not close.
Briggs is a great company and I'm on my second one...but I also don't want to buy a bag which has the potential of running into problems. Which model number is your bag if you don't mind me asking.
Old May 30, 2023, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by Watchguy248
AA repeated about 15-25 times on my flight from Dallas to NYC two weekends ago to make sure the bag stands on the side. I'm also worried putting the case in the bin and then forgetting about it and the flight attendant moving the bag on it's side (I've seen flight attendants do that on different occasions). And then before the gate closes, the bin might not close.
Briggs is a great company and I'm on my second one...but I also don't want to buy a bag which has the potential of running into problems. Which model number is your bag if you don't mind me asking.
I purposely don't fly AA so I guess that's why I never noticed anything on other airlines. I have the International version (the older one not the new one that came out about a year ago).
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:11 pm

Programs: Delta
I've been trying to google the capacity of the Boeing Space Bin (the one you're describing). Is the vertical height right at 14 and some change, there's no way this bag will go in?
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by kingspointer89
I've been trying to google the capacity of the Boeing Space Bin (the one you're describing). Is the vertical height right at 14 and some change, there's no way this bag will go in?
It's a relatively recent change and 15-inch (vertical) bags don't fit. I've been on quite a few flights with these new overheads and it's been an issue.
Old Yesterday, 10:23 am

Programs: Delta
Global Adventurer do you recall when you purchased yours?
Old Yesterday, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by kingspointer89
Global Adventurer do you recall when you purchased yours?
September, 2020 off Amazon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.