Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Briggs & Riley - after sales outside the US (in Singapore)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Anybody can share their experiences with BR after sales service outside the USA? I’m from Singapore and really interested to buy the laptop carry-on spinner.

However, i’m a bit concerned since BR does not have any branch here; they are here through partnership and not very sure on how the after sales will work with their partner.

Thanks,
Aries
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
It's not great!

I am based in Bangkok and need to send one of my B&Rs to be fixed. They wrote to me and suggested I send it to UK or USA. The cost was prohibitive.

But I am going to US soon so will take it and courier it to them once in US. They told me they will cover the shipping charge to return it back to me in Bangkok (but won't cover the outward shipping charge).

Basically outside UK and USA, the outward shipping charge can be prohibitive.
Old Oct 21, 2019, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
But I had a problem with the extend handle on mine and they shipped me a new one with easy instructions. Thus, most things do not need to go back to them. (If zipper tears or things "in flight" have airline fix
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Hi,

I am from your neighbor and I recently got myself one of the B&R Medium Expandable Briefcase (the old version) at substantial discount in KL. I suppose the "partnership" you are talking about is "The Planet Traveler".

My back strap hook (place where strap hook was attached to bag) was torn off within few month after using it daily to and fro workplace. I send in to the KL branch for repair. I was told it will be repaired by local repairer in Singapore. They assure me that the B&R will honor the lifetime warranty.

I initially wanted to write a long email to B&R getting written confirmation that what "The Planet Traveler" is doing is all right on their end should there and future issues to the bag (touch wood) when I handling the bag directly to B&R. Unfortunately I did not do so and I give green light to the repair job.

When I receive the bag after, the affected area part was patched up properly. It also was reinforced to prevent it from happening. It was a proper job done most people may not know its is modified. It seems like they knew what are they doing, I not sure if B&R are working back end sending out bulletin on how to fix it.

I just started using my bag again so time will tell how long the bag will last with the repair.

As much as I like B&R i find their product in Malaysia (not sure how was it in Singapore) is very limited. Was interested in their Baseline Cabin Expandable but the only unit left is the display unit which I am not keen in it, not to mention their RRP is quite high.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.