FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Briggs & Riley - after sales outside the US (in Singapore)
Old Oct 21, 2019, 10:17 pm
minizian

Programs: Salaryman One World Sapphire
Hi,

I am from your neighbor and I recently got myself one of the B&R Medium Expandable Briefcase (the old version) at substantial discount in KL. I suppose the "partnership" you are talking about is "The Planet Traveler".

My back strap hook (place where strap hook was attached to bag) was torn off within few month after using it daily to and fro workplace. I send in to the KL branch for repair. I was told it will be repaired by local repairer in Singapore. They assure me that the B&R will honor the lifetime warranty.

I initially wanted to write a long email to B&R getting written confirmation that what "The Planet Traveler" is doing is all right on their end should there and future issues to the bag (touch wood) when I handling the bag directly to B&R. Unfortunately I did not do so and I give green light to the repair job.

When I receive the bag after, the affected area part was patched up properly. It also was reinforced to prevent it from happening. It was a proper job done most people may not know its is modified. It seems like they knew what are they doing, I not sure if B&R are working back end sending out bulletin on how to fix it.

I just started using my bag again so time will tell how long the bag will last with the repair.

As much as I like B&R i find their product in Malaysia (not sure how was it in Singapore) is very limited. Was interested in their Baseline Cabin Expandable but the only unit left is the display unit which I am not keen in it, not to mention their RRP is quite high.