Wiki Posts
Search

Best packing cubes for Rimowa Cabin Original

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
Best packing cubes for Rimowa Cabin Original

Anyone want to share their experience and opinions on the best packing cubes that are sized correctly for a Rimowa Cabin Original?

I prefer compression cubes and I like the idea of ones that have different compartments for clean and dirty clothes:

Ones on my radar:

Eagle Creek Pack it Compression set
Flight 001 Spacepak

Anyone used them in the same case as mine? Which fits better?

OR any others you recommend?

Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:03 pm

Having just taken delivery of a Rimowa original cabin I am encountering this exact challenge. Unfortunately there are no replies!
Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:39 am

I have the Cabin Plus and use the Eagle Creek system. I augment with a waterproof laundry bag (good for sweaty workout clothes). They should all work.

BTW - check the thread just eight lines down....
bulbmogul likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Gold, EK - Gold
I ended up getting the Eagle Creek compression bags.

You need to to be careful when buying and making sure you are buying the compression type.

Used a few times and they fit well. I bought a large and a medium.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:20 pm

Try the Peak Design Packing Cubes. I use it 1x Medium, 2x Small, and 1x Shoe for my Cabin S.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 8:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
I can very much endorse the Peak Design Packing cubes. I'm surprised they are so high quality and so well made - inside out. Stylish too. Far better quality than the LVMH garbage Alesandre, later Hugues put out. The only thing the current Rimowa CEO did that I like was the lifetime warranty. Now if they could only bring back the center lock and the bag holder.

Peak Design has boutiques in San Francisco and New York, naturally. You won't find anything so well made in Europe. Check them out for yourself.

Specifically I use 1 medium and 2 small for the cabin, and I also use this for the top compartment of the Trunk.

I ended up getting a bunch of stuff from their store. Several cubes. The bags are great too - esp if you own cameras. Recommend enthusiastically. A little high ( more than eagle creek/ away) on the price but compared the LVMH garage cubes from Rimowa, a bargain and far better quality / make.

Have you seen what Rimowa wants for a stupid luggage belt? Play with ones vanity it will lead to insanity I always say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.