Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Looking for "organizing pouches" for Rimowa

Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)

There was a thread a few months ago on this forum about small "pouches" or something similar that you could put in your bag that would help organize different items, e.g. shoes, toiletries, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot locate it using the Search function. I inquired at Rimowa's Madison Avenue, New York store but no one there knew anything about this.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:49 pm

I use the standard Eagle Creek packing cubes and garment envelope with my Rimowa Classic Cabin Plus. They work very well for something so darn simple.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:42 am

Yes, packing cubes. I use a variety of sizes from a variety of brands (Amazon Basics, Eagle Creek, e-bags) in my Rimowa and the suitcase I had before that.
sea_jeff likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:18 am

I bought some amazon basics packing cubes about a year ago and they're holding up fine.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Also a huge fan of Eagle Creek, particularly the Spectre line. Super lightweight and have had no issues with durability.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 1:33 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by billycwhatup
I use the standard Eagle Creek packing cubes and garment envelope with my Rimowa Classic Cabin Plus. They work very well for something so darn simple.
Hi Billy! I read that you own a rimowa cabin Plus that i plan to purchase however im still hesitating because of the dimensions. I dont know want to have to worry about having to gate check it every time I fly.. but on the other hand i love the 45L capacity!!
So wondering about your experience with it as carry-on different aircrafts?? Even E190? I mostly fly short hauls or domestic on air France! Usually J class on short hauls but not always.
thanks
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: SA Air, Air Canada, KLM, BA,Lufthansa, United, AA, Hawaiian, Air New Zealnd, Qantas, Virgin Atlantic
Originally Posted by Landing Gear
There was a thread a few months ago on this forum about small "pouches" or something similar that you could put in your bag that would help organize different items, e.g. shoes, toiletries, etc. Unfortunately, I cannot locate it using the Search function. I inquired at Rimowa's Madison Avenue, New York store but no one there knew anything about this.

Does anyone know anything about this?
Check out ebags https://www.ebags.com they have all sorts of storage and packing items.
sea_jeff likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:01 am

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
I use and love a mix of packing cubes in my 29” Topas from Peak Design, Eagle Creek and the value leader by far - eBags.

Old Aug 31, 2019, 5:05 am

I’ve had no problem - including (gasp) sitting in coach on a regional jet this past week. One of the two sides of the cabin had a larger overhead and the bag fit in sideways (albeit without an inch to spare). I’ve now carried the bag on roughly 30-40 segments since buying it in June and I’ve never had to check it (although I did so voluntarily once).
bulbmogul likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.