Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Anyone own a Rimowa Cabin Plus (Aluminum)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone own a Rimowa Cabin Plus (Aluminum)?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:56 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
Has anyone had the black long enough for it to scratch? Does it scratch easily?
Old Oct 2, 2023, 9:41 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Originally Posted by luxefarer
Has anyone had the black long enough for it to scratch? Does it scratch easily?
Here's mine. Ive had it about 1.5 years and flown on over 12+ flights (mostly international but a few on 737 MAX cross country within the US). As you can see, you cant get away from scratches, although Im a bit OCD about making sure it doesnt scratch. But Ive resigned to the fact that with RIMOWA, scratches are a feature, not a bug.

f.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Privé
In great shape! Thank you so much for sharing. I too am OCD... I think I'll go with black as I want it to match the rest of my collection
Old Oct 7, 2023, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Got my Rimowa Cabin Plus 49L in black in August 2023 to replace a Limbo 45L whch has traveled the world with me since 2016.

I love my Rimowa Cabin Plus 49L, scratches and all!

I am also pleased to see that it fit perfectly on the overhead bin of the Embrear 175 which is used by both United Express and American Eagle! Believe it or not, the overhead door closes easily with it.

Old Oct 8, 2023, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by sapguy
Got my Rimowa Cabin Plus 49L in black in August 2023 to replace a Limbo 45L whch has traveled the world with me since 2016.

I love my Rimowa Cabin Plus 49L, scratches and all!

I am also pleased to see that it fit perfectly on the overhead bin of the Embrear 175 which is used by both United Express and American Eagle! Believe it or not, the overhead door closes easily with it.
This is the one I'll see if I can find in Paris next week.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I have one in Titanium and love it. I will say I ran into an overhead bin issue for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I was in C+ on a Delta 757, and boarded a bit late. By the time I boarded, all of the overhead space around me was generally full, except for spaces that generally didn't accommodate a Cabin Plus size bag (If I had a Cabin S, maybe it would have fit into one of the nearby spaces). I just waited until boarding was finished and had the FA's gate check my bag. Not a huge deal as my bag was delivered quickly to baggage claim at JFK but it was an incident where the size of the bag was an issue
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2023, 11:03 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Cabin Plus on TK A320/321/321neo?

I do a lot of 3-5 days trips with TK short/medium haul in eco where I would like to avoid checking in bags to reduce waiting, risk of delays etc. so am thinking to buy an Original Cabin Plus.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with bringing a Rimowa Original Cabin Plus onboard TK A320/321/321neo in Eco?

I’m TK Elite so I can always board first.

Last edited by Hafnia; Oct 17, 2023 at 12:46 am
Old Oct 17, 2023, 2:00 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
Looks promising from mulitple reports, wouldn't think you'd have any issues?

Rimowa Original Cabin Plus in overhead compartment on Airbus A320
Rimowa in the overhead compartment | Gracefuldegrade
SPN Lifer, Hafnia and cruiser82 like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:58 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
Originally Posted by Hafnia
I do a lot of 3-5 days trips with TK short/medium haul in eco where I would like to avoid checking in bags to reduce waiting, risk of delays etc. so am thinking to buy an Original Cabin Plus.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with bringing a Rimowa Original Cabin Plus onboard TK A320/321/321neo in Eco?

I’m TK Elite so I can always board first.
Never had any issue on any TK flight with my Cabin Plus.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 8:35 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Lifetime Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Turkish Airlines Elite
Originally Posted by flyjfk
Never had any issue on any TK flight with my Cabin Plus.
Thank you
Old Nov 25, 2023, 10:48 am

Thank you everyone for your input, this is amazing! I've had my cabin plus for almost a year and never used it. Was thinking of reselling it since i've read other forums that told me it was too big. Was going to get the cabin, but couldn't find any deals. will be traveling with with my cabin plus for the first time with confidence!
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
So I was on a United 737-800 recently with their new and larger overhead bin, and I was able to put my Rimowa Original Cabin Plus 49L sideways!

BUT, neither I nor the flight attendant could get the overhead bin door to close! So it went back to its normal position, taking up more space than any other overhead luggage piece Oh well, I tried !!!

Last edited by sapguy; Dec 13, 2023 at 4:08 pm
Old Dec 13, 2023, 3:59 pm

Hi, I'm in the market for a new carry on and came across this thread researching the Rimowa cabin plus. I almost exclusively fly delta on the following planes, can anyone confirm overhead fitment?

crj-900- (pretty sure this is a no go)
Boeing 717-200
embraer 175 (assuming this is good based on above)
boeing 737-900er

Any photos would be great. Thanks!
Old Mar 3, 2024, 8:55 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Any updates on this? I'm choosing between the Cabin vs. Cabin Plus in Aluminum as well. 70-75% of my travel is domestic and on DL. 25-30% is international and a mix of different airlines, usually KL/AF and occasionally budget airlines (for which I'm happy to pay for checked luggage).

Given updates to aircraft bins, which one of these two options would you recommend?
Old Mar 3, 2024, 9:27 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Any updates on this? I'm choosing between the Cabin vs. Cabin Plus in Aluminum as well. 70-75% of my travel is domestic and on DL. 25-30% is international and a mix of different airlines, usually KL/AF and occasionally budget airlines (for which I'm happy to pay for checked luggage).

Given updates to aircraft bins, which one of these two options would you recommend?
I would get the Cabin Plus. It fits in the DL A220 domestic F class bins, even with their size limiting divider in there. E-175 with no issues. I've used mine on all travels (domestic/international) in business/First class without issues. The extra space helps with international travel when you have to pack a suit, couple days of clothing, and gym clothes (Sneakers..etc).

I've you are flying AS DASH planes or any equivalent planes with limited luggage space, then I wouldn't recommend bringing the Rimowa, as it will be gate valet and perhaps damaged.
UVAhoo06 and Visconti like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.