Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Anyone own a Rimowa Cabin Plus (Aluminum)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone own a Rimowa Cabin Plus (Aluminum)?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2022, 2:38 pm

I just ordered the Plus at the new $1500 price. The rep told me the price increase is because now it comes with a lifetime warranty. He explained the lifetime warranty starts on luggage purchased last Monday (when the increased occurred) forward. Me personally, I would have rather paid less and come out of pocket for repairs if/when needed.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
I used my new titanium cabin plus on a trip for the first time this week. No issue getting the bag into overhead bins on an A220. It seems like the bag will fit in the majority of US overhead bins. Overall loving the extra space and the smooth rolling wheels (typical of a new Rimowa). I am glad I got mine at the $1,265 price several weeks ago. It can get heavy when fully loaded (I am used to polycarbonate).
bizum likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 9:58 am

Has anyone run into issues with the Cabin Plus on JetBlue (B6)?

Spend most of the time on their stuff so specifically the: A320/321/321neo ?
Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum Million Miler, Lifetime Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Junior1
Has anyone run into issues with the Cabin Plus on JetBlue (B6)?

Spend most of the time on their stuff so specifically the: A320/321/321neo ?
I have not had any issues with the Cabin Plus. I took my first JetBlue flight last week from Boston to LaGuardia on one of the smaller Embraer E190 regional jets.

The overhead bins are small but if you place the bag horizontally you can easily close the bins. You may need to maneuver the bag a little bit just so that it’s not blocking the latch. You will not have any issues on the A320/321/321neo which would have significantly larger bins.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by 1K-DFW
I have not had any issues with the Cabin Plus. I took my first JetBlue flight last week from Boston to LaGuardia on one of the smaller Embraer E190 regional jets.

The overhead bins are small but if you place the bag horizontally you can easily close the bins. You may need to maneuver the bag a little bit just so that it’s not blocking the latch. You will not have any issues on the A320/321/321neo which would have significantly larger bins.
Thanks, good to know. The regular Cabin sizing matches my current carry on now but the added room of the Plus wouldn't hurt.
Old Sep 9, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
Originally Posted by DMor
I have a Rimowa cabin and cabin plus here staring at me and I’m still considering which one to choose.

Just checking in again to see if anyone has ever had an issue with airline staff checking the dimensions of the Cabin plus and not allowing it on board? How about on any European flights between countries?
British Airways no problems.
Ryanair, easyJet lufthansa need to check in cabin plus, Ryanair even cabin!
Old Nov 24, 2022, 4:50 pm

Question: Will be flying AF in Boeing 777-300, AF Airbus A319, BA Airbus A320neo, and BA A380 all in business class. Would I be able to take Rimowa Cabin Plus or 2 in these aircrafts? We are a family of three and debating whether to take 2 Cabin and 1 Cabin Plus vs. 2 Cabin Plus and 1 Cabin, or be safe and take 3 Cabin.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by boracat
Question: Will be flying AF in Boeing 777-300, AF Airbus A319, BA Airbus A320neo, and BA A380 all in business class. Would I be able to take Rimowa Cabin Plus or 2 in these aircrafts? We are a family of three and debating whether to take 2 Cabin and 1 Cabin Plus vs. 2 Cabin Plus and 1 Cabin, or be safe and take 3 Cabin.

Take all 3 Cabin Plus. I’ve never had an issue with this bag on any domestic or international flight across US, Europe, Asia and specifically India. Just make sure you board on time. I had the same debate and glad I got the plus for the extra room.
bizum likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
So far I only had a problem two problems with the size/weight of the bag:
- at the Blade heliport in NYC, they almost didn't let me board because of the size (not the weight) and their comparison was Away bigger carry on. Granted Rimowa cabin plus actually is wider than Away, I almost missed my flight.
- at JFK Turkish Airlines' check in desk. I was traveling in J and the bag weighed around 12kg. I had to remove things from the bag before they gave me my boarding pass. The dimensions of the bag were not an issue.
I flew LH intra-Europe J with no problems. The bag even fits into Singapore Suites' narrow closet, I am amazed.

I love how much I can fit into this but I get anxious before every single check in.
bizum likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by flyjfk
I love how much I can fit into this but I get anxious before every single check in.
I only get anxious if I'm running late for a flight. I've been all over Asia and India without an issue
Old Dec 6, 2022, 7:14 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, AA Exec Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United 1K
I only get anxious if I'm running late for a flight. I've been all over Asia and India without an issue
Does it depend whether you use the check in desk or have a mobile boarding pass?

I end up stuffing more things into the bag so weight also becomes a problem if they decide to weigh it.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by flyjfk
Does it depend whether you use the check in desk or have a mobile boarding pass?

I end up stuffing more things into the bag so weight also becomes a problem if they decide to weigh it.

I've used both check-in desk and mobile BP but I am also boarding first on most routes.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:00 pm

I recently forked down $1265 on the Rimowa Cabin Plus in the Silver color after much debate between the Cabin vs. Cabin Plus. I am "upgrading" from the Tumi Aluminum Collection which I still think is a better looking bag over the Rimowa, but it is simply way to small for a 3 day trip especially when it's winter and you're packing a couple of sweaters. I'm taking my first flight with the Rimowa Cabin Plus and hoping for no issues. When I got the bag, my immediate reaction is that it is way too big but as other posters have said, it's all in the extra width but the depth is fine.

Btw, even with the silver color and even if you never check the bag, you will still get noticeable scratches on the bag. No way around that, but it will definitely blend in more compared to getting the black or the titanium color where the scratches will show as a silver color.
the above is key. A 3 day trip where you need heavier clothes (sweaters or whatever) and that extra space is appreciated.
Adelphos likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by friskygeek
you’ll be fine. I just made a trip with my new cabin plus and both flights had a 737-900 equipment. Even in that smallish aircraft the crew didnt say anything when i boarded and the bag fit easily in the overhead either vertically or laying flat.

f.
Did you put your Cabin Plus wheels in or wheels out? The reason I ask is that my Cabin Plus will not allow the bin to close if placed vertically (like a book), but I've only tried wheels in. I don't know why wheels out would make a difference, but maybe there's some extra space.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Platinum Tier
Originally Posted by gavgrego
Did you put your Cabin Plus wheels in or wheels out? The reason I ask is that my Cabin Plus will not allow the bin to close if placed vertically (like a book), but I've only tried wheels in. I don't know why wheels out would make a difference, but maybe there's some extra space.
Wheels in. Worked perfectly at least in this particular cabin for me.
f.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.