Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Neck wallet and or belt wallet and such

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Neck wallet and or belt wallet and such

OK so yah, I'm def going to Barcelona for F1.

Who here actually uses these neck and/or belt wallet whilst on vacation say...to Barcelona? I know I MIGHT be using one and getting one soon, but I will have my pacsafe bag with me (similar to this: which I hope does NOT have the word tourist written on my back....

TIA!
Old Feb 7, 2017, 4:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
I use one of these. Just hang it inside your pants near the front pocket. Big enough for passport, etc.

http://shop.eaglecreek.com/undercove...-pocket/d/1130

Have fun in Barcelona. It's a great city, but as you suggest you have to be on the lookout for pickpockets and scammers. I had a couple of women dressed kind of like nuns try to snatch my wallet in the old port area.

Safe travels,

Doc
Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:45 pm

I'm soooo jealous. Wish i was going for F1.

Anyway, i went with a friend to Barcelona last year and he had a amazon basics neck wallet. It seemed to do the trick. I had a wallet with a retractable steel cable and had a pacsafe backpack as well. Not sure if pickpockets were on vacation or what. I think you'd be safe with either of the options
Old Feb 8, 2017, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I wear a neck wallet, cross body style, over a sleeveless shell top and under a jacket, sweater, shirt, or the like. Very easy to get to but difficult for a pickpocket to access (especially if the shirt is at least partially buttoned. I also have several PacSafe purses similar to the one in the original post. I keep money, passport, and credit cards in the neck wallet.

I detest money belts, they're too hot and too hard to access while shopping or at a restaurant. My husband likes the wallet in post #2, it doesn't show under clothing.

Be super careful in Barcelona. A friend had a travel companion pickpocketed on the subway there. When the subway doors closed the thief held up the guy's passport and wallet to taunt him. It took the guy all day to get his passport replaced, money not replaceable.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 7:57 pm

I also use the wallet as in post #2. I put my passport, drivers license, CC's and big cash in a baggie or two inside the wallet. Small cash < $100 in a hard to access pocket or in my now empty wallet, in my front pants pocket.

It doesn't hurt to put a couple of worthless gift cards in the cc slots in the wallet, so the theives think they scored if they were actually able to get it from me- or in the rare event of being mugged. The best fake cc's used to come in the mail, they were VISA's with all the logo's and had "your name here" where your name goes and all 9's or 0's for the number- pretty realistic.

A friend of mine was with a group in Buenos Aires, in one week over half the group was pick pocketed at one time or another, so always use your money belt and you shouldn't have any problems.

No offense, but personally I wouldn't keep anything I couldn't afford to loose in any bag, especially a nice looking one, while out and about.

From Rick Steves Website:

But money belts don't work if they're anywhere but under your clothes. I once met an American woman whose purse was stolen, and in her purse was her money belt (that juicy little anecdote was featured in every street-thief newsletter). If you pull out your money belt to retrieve something, always remember to tuck it back in. And don't use a fanny pack as a money belt — thieves assume this is where you keep your goodies.

Last edited by NeilA; Feb 8, 2017 at 8:27 pm
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
In places where the risk is high I use this. It's a Galco Ankle Safe.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/ankl..._294_1022.html

It's backed up with a cheap wallet in my left rear pocket with some small bills so anyone picking my pocket will think they got something of value and take off.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QuesoDeCan
OK so yah, I'm def going to Barcelona for F1.
Oh this needs to get discussed.....in another thread .......I went to Shanghai GP last year. PLEASE do a trip report!

Have a great trip!!!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 8:00 am
Original Poster

@Madone59, i'll do my best... do all yall prefer lengthy wordy reports...or only reports w/pics? LMK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.