Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa Topas Latch Material

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2016, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Rimowa Topas Latch Material

Hi, I fly with 2-3 laptops and other assorted electronics and I'm looking for a rolling unit with protective hard sides for use as a carry on roller. The forums here appear to praise Rimowa pretty highly.

So far I've looked at a bunch of cases and I've decided that I need a hardside, non-zippered case that resists deformation. However, almost every latching piece of luggage I've looked at come with latches that are made out of plastic. This seems like poor design, especially for latches that don't sit flush with the side.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what material the latches on the Topas are made out of.

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by sordavie
Hi, I fly with 2-3 laptops and other assorted electronics and I'm looking for a rolling unit with protective hard sides for use as a carry on roller. The forums here appear to praise Rimowa pretty highly.

So far I've looked at a bunch of cases and I've decided that I need a hardside, non-zippered case that resists deformation. However, almost every latching piece of luggage I've looked at come with latches that are made out of plastic. This seems like poor design, especially for latches that don't sit flush with the side.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what material the latches on the Topas are made out of.

Thanks
I have both TOPAS AND Topas Titanium and quite honestly i can not tell by feel or touch if they are plastic or metal. Magnet suggests they are plastic..
Old Sep 18, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by sordavie
. However, almost every latching piece of luggage I've looked at come with latches that are made out of plastic. This seems like poor design, especially for latches that don't sit flush with the side.
Its not a poor design if they aren't prone to breakage? I own a few Topas units and never had a latch break. Besides you are using them as a carry-on which is subjected to less mis-handling then checked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.