Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RyanAir Luggage - Extremely frustrated

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2016, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Question RyanAir Luggage - Extremely frustrated

Please tell me there is a US website where I can purchase inexpensive carryon luggage that meets their sizing requirements. I've been searching for over a week and the best that I've been able to find is 1 cm too wide. They advertised it as being smaller than it actually was. I really don't want to get charged 50 Euros per bag at the gate.

Yes, I know that I can buy directly off their website, but those bags are $69. There are 5 of us that need bags. I'm not looking for anything of good quality, just something that can transport some clothing for 2 RyanAir trips.

Do you guys know of any baggage (preferably w/wheels, but not required at this point) that is under $20 that will meet their sizing requirements? Duffle bags? Anything at this point. Thank you!
Old Sep 18, 2016, 12:00 pm

Look at the Campmor Essential Carry On. It doesn't have wheels but it sells for $30. Well made and durable. If not overstuffed it will fit Ryanairs size limits. (Remember, soft bags don't have frames so the dimensions given are maximum if stuffed.)

As for wheeled bags....for $20.....I'd suggest some cheap luggage at Wal Mart or K-Mart. They sometimes have luggage that cheap but don't expect it to last long.
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Perfect, thanks. It's only needed for this trip. We have real luggage at home, but need to do only carry on's for these flights since we won't be getting off at our final destination. (It was cheaper to get off at one of the layover stops.)
Old Sep 19, 2016, 9:30 pm

You're getting off before your final destination? I hope you have no flights after that because they will be cancelled.

Technically, you are breaking the rules and the airline could come after you.

If the flight is full, they could also force you to check a bag. And even worse, they could change your flight and put you on a different one with a different stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.