Reload this Page >

Modobag -- a bag you can ride through the airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Modobag -- a bag you can ride through the airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by fairhsa
I don't but have seen someone using one in HK airport and thought it was cool. How heavy is it? Can you lift into overhead compartment and how about the battery question people had above?
Since they became a thing, some airlines have banned luggage with built in batteries. Not saying it has a built in battery, but if does there's regulations against it.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by fairhsa
I don't but have seen someone using one in HK airport and thought it was cool. How heavy is it? Can you lift into overhead compartment and how about the battery question people had above?
It isn't too heavy but I am still relatively young and strong. My issue is with walking and not strength. Plus I am tall so putting it in and out of the overhead storage bin isn't an issue for me. It can be a little heavy but no more than a really overpacked carry on bag.
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Since they became a thing, some airlines have banned luggage with built in batteries. Not saying it has a built in battery, but if does there's regulations against it.
This is true. Some airlines have banned them as carry on bags which defeats the purpose but the modobag the battery does come out of the bag. I mainly fly United and they just ask you to take out the battery and keep it at your seat which I don't mind doing. So yes, you need to know your airlines and where you can use it.

I am hoping one day that with physical therapy I won't have issues with walking but in the meantime the modobag has been good for me.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.