Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Wrist Check. Which watch are you wearing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrist Check. Which watch are you wearing?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: Iberia
Tissot T-Trend Cera White for everyday. Tissot T-Trend Cera Black with diamonds when I need to be dressy.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP
I am often in China. When I see a Rolex wearer, my assumption is it is fake. So sort of loses the appeal of wearing one.
Personally I do like to look at the nice watches at duty frees, I really do not care for brands in general (OK I have 17 and 14 year old Tumi cabin bags, EU and USA sizes, but hey they have been lasting, though slowly dying now)
I once bought a Tissot T-touch for $350 discounted from $500 and have had various top fitness watches.

Hublot seems the brand that I might one day get. No idea why and was pleasantly surprised when I saw you can get them under £10K
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, AA AC, HHonors Diamond
Seiko Solar Chrono-Diver

Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Citizen Eco-Drive...I love my Ecos!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:39 pm

Stührling Aquadiver 664
Old Jan 5, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: QF
Apple Watch Series 2 with a custom Martini Racing NATO strap.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 3:14 pm

Programs: US Gold
Store-branded, Swiss-made watch from a local shop in Ithaca, NY, where I used to live. I love that "Schooley's" is meaningful only to others who've lived there.

wg
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: *G, OWS
Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra GMT in stainless steel with the blue dial
Old Jan 12, 2018, 1:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Most recently I got this watch, which is a bit on the dressier side but still looks good worn with a casual outfit.

Orient watches appear to be popular in Japan, which is where they're from and is where I first saw them. I like that it has a premium look but is relatively inexpensive (most if not all are under $1,000) so you aren't that worried about something happening to them.

Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Originally Posted by heraclitus
Most recently I got this watch, which is a bit on the dressier side but still looks good worn with a casual outfit.

Orient watches appear to be popular in Japan, which is where they're from and is where I first saw them. I like that it has a premium look but is relatively inexpensive (most if not all are under $1,000) so you aren't that worried about something happening to them.
Is that one of their Bambino watches? I bought one of those for my brother last year when he started his first career job after college—cream dial, onion dome, blue hands and a brown leather band. I have one of their Cosmos watches myself:

Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Is that one of their Bambino watches? I bought one of those for my brother last year when he started his first career job after college—cream dial, onion dome, blue hands and a brown leather band. I have one of their Cosmos watches myself:
Nice watch!

Yes, it's a Bambino... someone with more knowledge can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's a 2nd gen. I like it a lot... I'm a fan of Japanese watches, I have several Seikos but this is my first Orient. Definitely won't be the last!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 2:15 am

I use my everyday watch. You got the smartphone now for extra feature like dual time and timers while on travel. It makes it easy.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:39 am

This Orient brand is interesting. Was gonna go with a Citizen Eco-Drive, but not totally sold on any particular one yet. After a burglar broke in and stole my Omega (among other things), I'm not too keen on buying another higher end watch. Plus, my wrist is super skinny so it's hard finding a watch that fits. Most male sizes look ridiculously huge on me. At least Omega has that mid-size range.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Omega DeVille - love it... not too big and (to me at least) looks great!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: Lost it all and don't care

Daily watch was a reference 16618LB "A" serial Submariner in 18K...............my travel watch, and the "new" daily for now is a 116710 GMT Master II (black bezel) in steel. I am waiting for Baselword 2018 to see what is new before I pull the trigger again.

Outside of North America I only use my phone because I am uninsured if I leave the continent.

Last edited by KDS777; Jan 21, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.