Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Wrist Check. Which watch are you wearing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Do you have a travel watch or do you have a daily watch? Post them.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
I travel with my $39.95 Timex. Works great.

We usually keep one of our cell phones locked to "home time zone" as we often can not figure that out - LOL!
Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:37 am

I only wear a watch when I'm at work - I put it on when I get to work with the rest of my equipment, and take it off at the end of the day. If I need to know the time when I'm not at work, I have a cell phone, wall clock, or the clock in the car.

At work I wear a $29.95 waterproof analogue watch with a second hand. It's for utility, not fashion, and I want it inexpensive enough to replace if it gets damaged or broken at work. I do have an analogue clock on the wall at home (Ikea), because I prefer analogue over digital (and when I have digital, I prefer 24h over 12h format).
Old Feb 27, 2016, 9:36 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Platinum
I wear a Shinola Runwell when I'm dressed for customer meetings at work. I also recently got a Huawei Android Wear watch.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
I always wear a watch. Currently a Victorinox - second hand, date and luminous dials, with a very classic face and a black leather strap.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
I've got a Moto 360 2nd Gen which I wear daily now, having never really been a watch wearer at all before.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 1:42 pm
Suspended

For formal wear, I wear either a fake Patek Phillippe or a fake Vacheron Constantin with manual movements that I picked up in Saigon for about $35 each. They are quite good, have lasted many years, and fooled many folks into believing that they are the genuine articles which would have cost $10K-15K each.

For sports, I wear waterproof Casio or Timex digital watches
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:17 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
None. Nada. Nothing. Not for over 15 years. Very liberating.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL, UA, WN, Amtrak, Hyatt, Accor
I have half a dozen Timex Expedition and similar watches. They're practically indestructible and come in lots of colors. It's also very easy to change the time zone on them. I wear a Seiko for dress occasions.

My daughter refuses to wear a watch, she always has. She looks at her phone for the time. I don't like to have to take my phone out to see what time it is. Generation gap I guess.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Apple Watch... love it for travel.
NBwoodstock likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: AY+
Longines GMT automatic

i donīt know why, but I prefer to look the time from wrist than from phone.
Maybe I just start to be old
Old Feb 28, 2016, 5:50 am

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
I promised myself no more heels, suits, panty hose and watches when I retired.

I put on a Timex Expedition when I travel. It does the job, and is part of my low profile traveling (nothing obviously expensive).

BUT, seriously intrigued with the Apple Watch, I bought one for each of my sons. They wear them continually and love them.

Last edited by Romelle; Feb 28, 2016 at 7:32 am
Old Feb 28, 2016, 6:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan, IHG, Enterprise, Avios, Nexus
I travel with two watches. The first is a radio-controlled Seiko SPBG003 digital with world time, dual time, timer, chronograph, alarm for flights and casual use. I also have a Bulova Gemini 63B014 GMT automatic for business or dressier occasions when the digital wouldn't be appropriate. Both watches are now out of production but I've got less than $600 in both of them so don't mind if they get lost along the way.

The nicer watches stay at home.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
I wear a fitbit for daily use. I have a Casio atomic watch I use for travel. I also have a dual time Swiss Army watch I use for when I wear a suit. Thinking about droping the fitbit , and getting an apple watch later this year.
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: AA, United
Originally Posted by DangerM55
I've got a Moto 360 2nd Gen which I wear daily now, having never really been a watch wearer at all before.
I bought one of those and used it for 2 weeks. I ended up taking it back since I didn't think it had a killer app for me.

Is there a killer app that overlooked?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.