Search

Hook and Albert Leather Weekender

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 2:12 am
y99
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Alaska MVP, Delta Silver
Hook and Albert Leather Weekender

Has anyone used the Hook and Albert Leather weekender, any thought good/bad ?

http://www.hookandalbert.com/leather...weekender-bag/
Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
I've considered a lower-end bag with a similar zip-up garment bag design, but it seems that once you have a suit and a couple of shirts in the garment portion, once folded/zipped there's barely room for a pair of shoes and toiletries in the inner compartment, much less underwear/undershirts/socks/pants/etc. I may still give the cheap version from Amazon a try but I can't see myself risking that kind of money on a form factor I'm not sure would work for a true "weekend" 2-night trip.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:40 am
y99
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Alaska MVP, Delta Silver
Which one is the cheap version ? Can you post a link, I'd like to try that too.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:45 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Looks like there's a few different models at different price points....

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

I was originally looking at the ~$45 US Traveler model, but would probably spring for the ~$60 Code Alpha model for durability, though the fact that it's Polyester instead of Nylon doesn't inspire much faith in its longevity... The "Koskin Leather" used in the US Traveler version doesn't look like something I'd want to be seen carrying either, though.

Last edited by IsleOfMan; Oct 23, 2015 at 8:50 am
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:20 pm

I have this bag. It looks amazing, works amazing and is compact enough to go on just about any flight. It can carry a lot more than it seems, though it starts to get heavy. Definitely worth the money.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by JMacias
I have this bag. It looks amazing, works amazing and is compact enough to go on just about any flight. It can carry a lot more than it seems, though it starts to get heavy. Definitely worth the money.
You have the Hook and Albert? And you're saying it's worth the nearly $600 price?
Old Oct 9, 2018, 3:18 pm

Canvas

i got the canvas weekender for under $300 which is a GREAT deal. Very well made bag that is a very good buy. The canvas looks sharp without worrying about the leather getting scratched/ripped/torn. The hardware on this thing is top shelf.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.