Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi Vapor vs Tegra-Lite Continental Carry-On

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Tumi Vapor vs Tegra-Lite Continental Carry-On

I have some Airmiles burning a hole in my pocket and am in the need of a proper carry-on bag. The two options are the following:

Tumi Vapor Continental Carry-On - Black
Tumi Tegra-Lite Continental Carry-On - T-Graphite

Is there much difference besides the weight savings? The cost increase is 600 Airmiles for the Tegra-Lite and I prefer darker colours.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:44 am

Programs: Delta FO
I can't speak of the Vapor, but the wife and I bought 2 Tegra-Lite Continentals in black from Walmart.com. I used them for one trip and returned them as soon as we returned. The black tegra material shows every bit of dirt and dust you can imagine, I guess due to static electricity buildup. Also, the large TUMI logo running down the side was completely beat up and coming off in flakes. In short, the luggage just looked like hell after only one easy trip. Just my 0.02.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
I bought a grey Tegra-lite Continental (2 wheel) carry on last year at the Tumi outlet in Miramar, FL last year and use it as my primary 3 - 4 day travel case. It's awesome and a bit bigger than the International carry on. So far it's held up well but I never check it while flying. The only item I will mention is if you pack it "to the gills" the tegra-lite will bend a bit and then when empty it will have a small dent, but that usually pops out to it's normal shape. My only wish is that it was a 4 wheel and not a 2 wheel.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA, United, Delta, Alaska, Southwest
I have traveled once with the Tumi Vapor and it worked very well. I might have stayed with it except I wanted an outside pocket so I could travel with just one bag and I returned it and purchased the Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Hybrid.
Old May 1, 2016, 8:31 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Experience with Tumi Vapor Lite

Any recent with the Tumi Vapor Lite?

It's on sale now at 40% of fat many places. Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:59 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sapguy
Any recent with the Tumi Vapor Lite?

It's on sale now at 40% of fat many places. Thanks
I got the extended case in navy for dirt cheap and it looks fine after one trip to Africa (via Europe). Happy with it overall, but the relatively smaller capacity takes some getting used to. I now need to find a PC cleaner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.