Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Products
Reload this Page >

Victorinox Avolve/Werks/Spectra (or other light int'l size spinners)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 11:05 am
Original Poster

My fiancé and I are looking to register for some luggage-up until now we've mainly used our parent's luggage aside from my one Samsonite B-Lite carry on. My biggest gripe with the B-Lite is the front pocket can't even hold a tablet and the handle is really wobbly. Otherwise, I love how light it is and the fact that it doesn't have big compartments on the front that take up packing space and add bulk.

I've been looking at either the Victorinox Avolve or Werks collection, but am open to other suggestions.

My requirements:
-Lightweight
-Comes in an international-sized carry on (plus a larger checked luggage size)
-Sturdy handle and large wheels
-Won't tip over when putting things in front pocket
-Has front pocket that can fit a tablet (don't normally travel with a laptop, and when we do we normally keep it in a backpack instead)

I've considered doing something like the Spectra as well as a carry on and then a soft side (Avolve/Werks) for checked bags, but am seeing mixed reviews on it.

I'm open to other brands as well.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
I have the werks carry on, feel free to ask any questions
Old May 28, 2016, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryss
I have the werks carry on, feel free to ask any questions
Do you find the handle/wheels sturdy? How do you find it to actually pack? Ever had to check it?
Old May 28, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2mm
Handle and wheels are sturdy, but the wheels do stick out a bit, so I would be concerned about them being damaged if I were to check it.

Mine is the 20" carry on, so I don't plan on checking it.

Packing is fine, it's just a box with 2 bars at the bottom.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase
Old Jun 3, 2016, 8:36 am

You could also look at Brics. I have a 20" Brics spinner that is my go to. Very sturdy, ample front pocket space (both interior and exterior) and very light. The handle is sturdy as well and perfect for slipping a travel bar or purse over without their sliding all over the place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.