Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa Limbo: Availability problem?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Rimowa Limbo: Availability problem?

Today we went shopping for the Rimowa Limbo Business Trolley and Cabin IATA. The shop, usually stocked with Rimowa cases, had only the large Limbo cases in the shop.
Most sadly comment was that ordering and delivery of Rimowa cases takes many months from the factory because they are produced on special orders or in batches.

So to all FT people, is this true and is Romowa producing only on demand? Or is there a new model or models coming up very soon?

Happy to hear about delivery time from the Rimowa factory.
Old May 4, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
wrong

Last edited by Aaron01; May 4, 2013 at 4:41 pm
Old May 4, 2013, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by Aaron01
I think Limbo was discontinued in favor of Salsa Deluxe Hybrid. Though the LH branded Limbo cases still are available from the LH Worldshop
No, the Limbo is alive and well. The one which has been discontinued is the Bolero (which has an external pocket, the same as the salsa deluxe hybrid).

I'm afraid I don't have an answer to supply issues though (although there do seem to be lots around in the LH worldshops, as mentioned).
Old May 4, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
No, the Limbo is alive and well. The one which has been discontinued is the Bolero (which has an external pocket, the same as the salsa deluxe hybrid).
You're right, I got my models mistaken. Redacted
Old May 9, 2013, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Received today confirmation about the delivery date for the Limbo Business MWL: week 33 in August. 3 months!

Is this 3 months ordering/delivery period normal or just for the Limbo products?
Old May 9, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
I wonder whether it might be related to hat particular retailer.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:27 pm

I've seen the Rimowa Limbo products, and while I do not own one, they are very unique.

I try and strive for keeping the weight inside ours down to the limits of whatever airline we fly, using the Rimowa liner fabric shirt bags in various colours to organize our personal items when we travel. The Rimowa Limbo product in the larger case line includes clothing and shoe bags, but in a more robust, stiff material.

When visiting a Rimowa store in Germany in 2010, I commented to the sales rep that Rimowa might consider moving to the lighter liner fabric material, to conserve weight in these changing times with airline restrictions. A shoe bag, is a shoe bag, is a shoe bag, if you will: Heavier or lighter, edge and corner piping or not, both materials still protect good shoes inside the case. The case material, handles, and construction is certainly more robust than the Rimowa Salsa, and Salsa Ultralite, and as a result, heavier.

Reading back over various posts, there is a healthy interest with this case and the features found in this product. Many here on FT have stated that they like the Limbo case, and believe that it will provide more protection of contents and travel belongings. Perhaps that has translated into increased demand. Being a specialty item manufacturing and assembly process, as the rare metals group of Alu cases are, that could explain the stocking issue at certain stores and the delay.
Old May 13, 2013, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the helpful answers. I felt a real difference between a Salsa and Limbo considering the stability due to the hinges/metal frame versus the zipper.
Will check out different colors next week in Germany (koffer-direkt). Plenty availability there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.