Reload this Page >

Rimowa Luggage - Discounted

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rimowa Luggage - Discounted

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 8:29 pm

" Any idea his I can claim VAT refund from London Heathrow if I order online with delivery in London ? "

Yes, provided you take custody of the Rimowa case in person, and depart from the EU with it as your personal or checked luggage.

2 suggestions:
1, Have the seller/store make duplicate receipts and provide you the VAT rebate form when you pick-up your Rimowa case.
2. Plan on extra time to process your VAT rebate at departure, just in case.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:24 am

Buying Rimowa in Germany

Dear All,

I am a newbie here. I will be visiting Germany (Berlin ) for a week from Asia and am keen on buying my first Rimowa luggage.

Since I will be based in Berlin, entering via Tegel what will be the best (and cheapest) option for me to buy Rimowa? Should I buy from duty free, stores in Berlin or order online delivered to my hotel?

Also, can I claim a VAT refund if I leave Berlin for Prague by TRAIN and then leave Prague for Mumbai by flight after a week? I am not an EU citizen.

Thank you
Old Sep 9, 2014, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by Swissaire
" Any idea his I can claim VAT refund from London Heathrow if I order online with delivery in London ? "

Yes, provided you take custody of the Rimowa case in person, and depart from the EU with it as your personal or checked luggage.

2 suggestions:
1, Have the seller/store make duplicate receipts and provide you the VAT rebate form when you pick-up your Rimowa case.
2. Plan on extra time to process your VAT rebate at departure, just in case.
Swissaire,

Thank you for your response. I had emailed koffer24 asking if they will provide a duplicate receipt and VAT form or alternatively provide a discount for the case but I have not received a espouse form them. I don't know what is the best way forward. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks You.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:33 am

Hi Marcusboy-

What you have asked for is not an unwarranted or excessive request, so the courtesy of a simple reply from a professional business would be normally expected.

I would suggest you keep it polite but stay on them for a confirmation reply, using email, fax, or if needed, telephone calls.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by mvtm
Koffer Profi has 15% off their Rimowa prices. Cheapest i could find. Code KP10A.
I'm taking off to a trip in two weeks. I wonder if there's sufficient time for delivery. I live in California.

Also, is the code KP10A still valid? Any tip for placing the order w/o knowing German?

Greatly appreciated your help!
Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:06 am

Programs: CX GO, SPG GO
@Marcusboy

Did your plan end up working? I'm going to be in the same situation in January, and would appreciate your experience with trying to ship from DE->UK and claim VAT refund ex UK en route to HKG.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 7:50 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the best current source of discounted Rimowa luggage from Germany for delivery to the UK and which discount codes to use? The maximum that I have found is 10%...

Thanks!
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Any updates on Rimowa discounts here in the US?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 8:15 pm

Any info on getting a "Made in Germany" Rimowa Topas sent to the US? If not delivered to my hotel in Europe in the coming weeks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.