Wiki Posts
Search

Tumi Sale--Outlets Only--Starts Wednesday 8/29

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2012, 9:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat with Ambassador, AA EXP, AA 1MM, National Executive Elite
Tumi Sale--Outlets Only--Starts Wednesday 8/29

I got a heads up from my local Tumi store...

Tumi Outlets will offer a $50 discount for every $250 spent starting Wednesday the 29th for one week ending the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Happy Shopping!

Nikon Shooter
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:02 am

Thanks! That could be dangerous.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:51 pm

real sale???

I was in the Tumi Outlet in Riverhead LI this past week... most of the bags were 25% off the price tag

does anyone know if this $50 is instead of the % sale or on top of it?

in all cases, 25% off would be better than $50 off an order over $250
Old Aug 26, 2012, 6:16 pm

The way the OP has formulated it, semantically it means it's on top of a given percentage discount. There is a price per product. Then there is discount from that price. If the final price is over $250 another $50 are subtracted for every tranche of 250. So if your total bill is $500 after discounts, you'd get another $100 off.

Till
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by tfar
The way the OP has formulated it, semantically it means it's on top of a given percentage discount. There is a price per product. Then there is discount from that price. If the final price is over $250 another $50 are subtracted for every tranche of 250. So if your total bill is $500 after discounts, you'd get another $100 off.

Till
That I know.

However, the 25% off sale was not marked on each item -- it was on framed plastic signage that could easily be put away or changed. There was no guarantee that such sale would continue.

I'm trying to find out if this is a new sale that supplements the existing one or whether it replaces the existing (better) sale.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 7:33 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Outlet pricing changes all the time, so there's no way to tell if they will increase the price you saw to cover the discount. What was one price this week may be twice as much next week, and something else may be 80% less.

Part of the fun of shopping the Tumi outlets is you never ever know what things will be priced at, even if you go in every other week. I've always been convinced at some interval they just go item to item after the store closed with a big wheel and spin it to see what random price to put on something for opening the next day.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by cordelli
Outlet pricing changes all the time, so there's no way to tell if they will increase the price you saw to cover the discount. What was one price this week may be twice as much next week, and something else may be 80% less.

Part of the fun of shopping the Tumi outlets is you never ever know what things will be priced at, even if you go in every other week. I've always been convinced at some interval they just go item to item after the store closed with a big wheel and spin it to see what random price to put on something for opening the next day.
That's the impression I got from mine. It's always a surprise. Sometimes they have a really cool item at a great price and then I have to be really disciplined. Other times there is nothing interesting at a good price and only the stuff like the huge wardrobe suiter is reduced significantly. But I wouldn't take that one if they paid me to. They'd have to give me a J upgrade and a porter before I travel with that.

Till
Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Follow up

Lots of good questions. The fact that I have some of the answers tells me I spend too much time at the Tumi outlets.

Price changes are weekly. They are sent to the stores Tuesday evenings and run for a week.

The save $50 for every $250 is based on price marked. All items will have the normal ~20% discount from MSRP since the item is being sold at a outlet.

Some items will have the 25% discount from outlet price signs and a smaller number will have the 50% discount sign.

I hope that answers your questions.

NS
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Any updates?
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:03 am

I went to the Vacaville, CA, store. The only special item discount was for the Alpha Lightweight International 22902DH for $249. As I could not find anything else that I liked with an extra special price, I bought some cleaning fluid to pass the $250 mark, thus making the purchase eligible for $50 off.

As Nikon Shooter explained, everything else was pretty much the normal 20% or more off.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:49 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Tumi Voyageur @ TJ Maxx

I was just at the Wrentham Premium Outlets Tuesday and while there was the discount mentioned here, nothing else interesting was going on. The salesperson there did say that there is however going to be something extra this labor day weekend (probably on a few select items that no one would really be interested in).

@ TJ Maxx in Dedham, there are a few Tumi Voyageur 20.5" x 15" Legere rolling carry-ons, backpacks ($172), Enna Large Cosmetic ($69), and a brieftote in the burgundy, orange, cognac, teal, and 2 of their snakeskin colorways.

I think there may have been more in the crossbody bags but I didn't look in the handbag section.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Sale Started Wednesday

Originally Posted by tcl
I was just at the Wrentham Premium Outlets Tuesday and while there was the discount mentioned here, nothing else interesting was going on. The salesperson there did say that there is however going to be something extra this labor day weekend (probably on a few select items that no one would really be interested in).
Sales always start on a Wednesday and end on a Tuesday.

I think the best deals will be the stuff they never mark down but I am happy to double dip if I see something I want discounted above and beyond the in-store rebate.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 7:23 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Thanks! ^

I was there late in the day and they were already swapping the signage for the new sale. I try to go late Tuesday if possible bc in most cases the store manager is willing to give you whichever discount is better

I'll probably have another look this weekend if the I95 isn't too much of a parking lot.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

OP hosed at Tumi Outlet

I went to the Tumi Outlet in Sunrise, Florida while on vacation.

Bottom line--although the 50/250 special, this store decided not to participate.

The deal ends before I return back to Texas. ::Mad::

Hope everyone got some great deals!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.