Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Contact Lens

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
I wear Acuvue Oasys (no astigmatism). Sleep in them and do very well. I didn't start wearing glasses until I was 18. Now I am 42 and cannot read the E at the top of the eye chart with corrective lens!

I will echo another posters comments. I remove my contacts and go with glasses for any fight over 4 hours. Too dry in the cabin. My eyes get read and painful.

Good luck! Contacts are great. I love waking and being able to see.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
OK, I am stretching to figure out which forum this goes in.
I have lost ANOTHER pair of expensive titanium, tinted, scratch and smudge resistant blah blah blah glasses. Took them off in a lounge today and walked out without them. I called but no one has seen them, oh well.... so, I decided to go with contacts, harder to take them off and forget them

however, I have NO IDEA whatsoever about contacts. What are the best for someone with astigmatism? Also, I don't want to have to carry around a bunch of liquids so are daily wears better? You wear them once and throw them away, right? What are the downsides to these?

Here is the last prescription from zenni optical. Is this all I need or do I have to go get an eye exam?

Right
OD SPH -2.25
OD CYL 0.00
OD AXIS 0

Left
OS SPH -0.50
OS CYL -0.50
OS AXIS 80

My left eye looks like I can see pretty good, Can I just buy for the right eye?
with that RX you don't appear to have a (significant) astigmatism which makes life a lot easier. you could wear lenses in just one eye, you're probably after -2.25 or -2 but get it checked out.

I use J&J Trueye which are great, silicon based, like the Oasys (which I used for many years) but daily disposable.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:17 am

Contact lens for astigmatism is very expensive. There are only a few brands on the market that I can use because I have very high near-sightedness and high astigmatism. Right now I'm using Borsch & Lomb monthly disposables, but I have tried Acuvue (monthly and daily disposables) and my eyes hated it. Especially the dailies; for some reason they dry out the minute I pop them in.

I wear my dorky throw-everywhere thick glasses when I fly because contact lens are too drying. If you travel to SE Asia, glasses are really cheap so you can use them for flying?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.